Search results

1. dacarra

Bang when toilet start flushing

Just an update: after the last post I closed the valve down another little bit - about a 1/4 turn - and since then , 5 days now, the noise has disappeared. I'm keeping the finger crossed, but that seems to have done the trick. Thanks Terry. I still cannot figure out why the noise - a rather loud...
  2. dacarra

Bannerman: sometime the pump does not starts at all after flushing, if the tank happens to be full. Or the pump could start way after the noise is heard. I did try to stay next to the pressure tank while someone else was flushing, but could not determine where it came from, only that it seems to...
  3. dacarra

The pre-charge is at 28, the pumps starts at 30 regularly, and anyway, as I mentioned, the bang happens not when the pump starts but immediatly after turning the toilet handle. It does not happen by the way, with the other toilet, or with any faucet.
  4. dacarra

The pumps is drilled. No check valve above ground, is at pump. The pump and valve are new and anyway the bang happens when the pump is not on. As I mentioned, it was happening for some time with the old pump and valve, and it happens with the new as well.
  5. dacarra

Hi, this is a dual flushing toilet, around 10 years old. For some 6 months this happens: when the handle is turned and the water starts flushing, sometimes (maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 times), there is a loud bang that seems to come from the utility room, next to the washroom, where the pressure tank...
  6. dacarra

Stainless steel and brass fitting

Thanks. Can't go much higher, and it has been good for all these year anyway. What about how much to turn after hand tight with SS?
  7. dacarra

Stainless steel and brass fitting

Hi, I have to replace my pressure tank (30 years old, waterlogged) with a new one, Well x Trol 202. This one comes with a 1” stainless steel elbow, to which I will screw the brass T fitting. I have made several brass to brass connections during the years all leak free, but never brass to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks