Search results

1. DIY

2 wire to a 3 wire outlet

Hi all, Does anyone know if It is code compliant/acceptable with outlets that only have 2 wires (black,white) running into them to run a third ground bare wire from the outlet all the way to the breaker box? Thank you
  2. DIY

Toilet ups and downs

Hi all, Ok, 1 of the 2 toilets in this house works sometimes fine flushes good , not to slow not too fast ,flushes all materials put in the bowl in one flush. Other times the flush process takes up to 4 flushes , then basically by that time the plunger comes out. The 1,200 gallon septic tank...
  3. DIY

GFCI receptacle questions

Hi all, Today I finally got the chance to take a look see at this 2 bedroom/ 1 bath duplex for sale. It all looked to be in good shape inside and out, for being built in the late 50's,It has numerous upgrades, but the thing that seemed odd was at all of the 14 outlets per 2 bedroom was a GFCI...
  4. DIY

Washer hookup electrical outlet box

I want to hook up a washer. The place that it Is going is pre wired with a 20amp breaker,and 12-2 cable running to the box. The outlet box is 7" from the drain standpipe. In this case would it be best to install a GFCI outlet or a 3 prong 110/115v outlet? THANKS ALL
  5. DIY

some say this others say that

Hi all happy Memorial day, I want to install a window a/c unit. I have been doing some how to reading up on it. Some sites say make sure to fasten the a/c unit to the brackets or directly to the aluminum/wood part of window,and make sure the a/c unit is level. Others say make sure the a/c...
  6. DIY

Wondering about this grounding thing

I have been in houses that have added a single ground wire from every outllet back to the breaker box. And I have been in houses and apartments that have spent thousands on re wire jobs for ground. What is the difference between the 2 ways that ultimately lead to the same end result. A proper...
  7. DIY

preparing for sod

I am preparing @ 350 + sq.ft.of earth for sod. Scattered throughout that area are these grass plugs of what looks like bahia grass,and when I till/ariate the earth with a hand tiller they come up easy enough. The tines on this tiller are about 5-1/2 inches long. My question is this: How deep do...
  8. DIY

Is this shotty short cut work or is It ok fine.?

I had an electrician install a bathroom fan on the ceiling. (as he explained the whole process of what he will do to) The bathroom has an existing switch for the light. He put a bigger deeper box in(14 cubic inches as the invoice reads) and ran a short section of wire (12-2 or 14-2 he did not...
  9. DIY

Mini split heat/cool system

Hi looking for some all across the board info. on a mini split system from HVAC contractors,subs or customers that have this system? prices to expect,best system out there, how many sq.ft. does a single indoor unit cover,. I mean are they as great as these ads and sites make them out to be...
  10. DIY

What BTU size in this case

Total sq. ftg. in this 2 bedroom apt. is 585 (L x W) of unit. From the 12' x 15' living room area you can see the open kitchen and in the kitchen is a zig zag shaped 2 x 4 partion wall then a bathroom on the other side of that partion wall. Those 3 rooms seem to be the easiest for a single...
  11. DIY

Circuit breaker test

With my electrical experience of just betwwen novice and almost intermediate I have never heard of a circuit breaker that can be tested unhooked out the breaker box with a neon light tester..? This was told to me by a youngin at an Ace hardware store. Was not sure about that so i thought i'd...
  12. DIY

Attic insulation

Hi all.. I did not see a forum that relates specifically to insulation questions ,issues etc., so i thought i woud try this forum. What i have going is an attic space of 1,344 sq. ft. I have not gotten a lot of information on what would be best or how to get the most out of insulation except for...
  13. DIY

Thermal expansion queston

Hi everyone, What is ,and what does a thermal expansion valve do in a plumbing system? (water plumbing system that is hot/cold etc.) To all thank you
  14. DIY

Piping insulation

Hi to everyone, What is the best type,kind,thickness,and impervious etc. insulation, for CPVC or copper piping that will be for a hot water line and run an inch or 2 over 8' in length,and going underground at least 6 to 16"? Thanks to all
  15. DIY

Revised post re: hot water taking tolong to get to faucet

Hi all, After some poking around,from the WH runs 27' of 3/4" CPVC piping then at that point the piping reduces down to 1/2" copper piping going to each fixture (shower/tub faucet HOT DIVERTER VALVE COLD,Kitchen sink swivel type HOT/COLD,Toilet,Lavatory sink HOT/COLD) and that 1/2" copper line...
  16. DIY

Is one way better than the other way

Would either of these setups make a difference in water flow/delivery time? 3/4" piping that goes into 1/2" piping? 1/2" piping that goes into 3/4" piping?
  17. DIY

Dryer vent/ducting

Hi all, Does anybody here have any first hand experience with periscope type duct that is square in shape,and measures 2" x 6" for limited space installations, and is said to work as well as the standard 4" round duct? Thanks to all!
  18. DIY

Faster/more efficient hot water

Hi all, Right now with my present setup to my hot water heater is @ 22 to 25 ft. of 3/4" pipe. Was wondering If I changed nearly 5' of that 3/4" pipe to 1/2" pipe that is inside of my house that is directly routed up to water heater.Would that speed up the hot water delivery to the...
  19. DIY

Did this HWH shrink

Hi all, I purchased and had this Whirpool electric,28 gallon capacity,dual element water heater since mid June,2008. Up until 2weeks ago it has worked wonderfully fine. Shower use runs @ 5 to 7 mnutes,and the hot wate valve is not even turned onto full open. If shaving is needed that takes...
  20. DIY

Electric heater

This heater I have is rated at 1800 watts. Before i plug it In I would like to know if the older wireing system here will be able to handle it (positive and negative wires only in any one outlet). What is the best way to figure for that ? Every outlet in this place is a GFCI (Bdrms.,living...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks