Search results

1. santhony7

Heated Mirror Idea

I was going to make an insulated enclosure for it and the mirror itself would be the same size for the most part.
  2. santhony7

Heated Mirror Idea

I wanted to hear from the professionals about this idea. I need a heated mirror in my shower and I don't want it to be electric. So my idea is to create my own mirror that is heated with the hot water supply. Do you think it would be possible using a heat exchanger like pictured? Just attach a...
  3. santhony7

Venting basement fixtures with limited options

I am re-doing my basement plumbing. Currently, all these fixtures have their own AAV because there was no wall to run a vent. However, I was able to make one recently so I thought I would go ahead and try to vent these correctly. The only issue is that I will have to go horizontal to get there...
  4. santhony7

Drain under slab

Great!!! Thank you very much.
  5. santhony7

Drain under slab

I am wanting to run a 3” drain pipe under my basement. The pipe needs to run 18’ to reach the main pipe. The main pipe is only about 6.5” below the slab. I know I need about a 4.5” drop at that length. But that would leave me with only 2” of gravel and cement. Any wiggle room in these numbers...
  6. santhony7

Is this a "wet vent"? Would this be okay for most local codes?

Yeah, I understand. I guess I’m just try to reduce the number of walls I need to open upstairs since they are all finished. Guessing I don’t have much choice. Thanks again man. Much appreciated.
  7. santhony7

Also, thank you for your time and patience. I know it sucks helping newbies sometimes. I am going to hire a plumber as a consult before I begin work. I just needed something to give to the county for a permit.
  8. santhony7

Okay. I see where you are going. Yeah the 3.BATH vent distance is on the 6' mark and it will be a 2" vent. All the vents will be 2" likey. Do you think the 6.shower and 7.toilet could share a vent? Not a big deal to add them both but thought I'd ask. I also can move that 3.bath since it...
  9. santhony7

It's a basement and I'd rather keep the sewage lines running parallel to the joists to maximize headroom even though this area will be for storage only. The only fixtures draining away from the stack are 2.bath and 3.bath because I'd rather the drain pipe be at the end of the storage room. Why...
  10. santhony7

This is on the first floor. All vents exit the roof. This is a top down view in case there is confusion. Also, I see the error. It was just a misplaced line. I didn't mean for the waste to loop.
  11. santhony7

Cool. Thanks plumber69 for taking some time out of your day to respond.
  12. santhony7

I am completely re-doing my plumbing. The blue lines are my waste and the black dots are vents that go through the roof (well, they will combine in the attic). Large blue circle is the "stack". Is the venting setup for the toilets set up okay? 4.Toilet uses 5.Lav vent and 7.Toilet uses 6.Shower...
  13. santhony7

Vent My Bathroom Please

Wow. People on this forum are super nice. Just got done beating your dogs I assume. No matter, it’s not that far off. All fixtures are 6’ or less from a vent.
  14. santhony7

Vent My Bathroom Please

Or make my roof a pincushion
  15. santhony7

Vent My Bathroom Please

Or should I add another 2" vent for the shower that would act as a wet vent for the toilet?
  16. santhony7

How do you calculate the flood level of a toilet?

I know that vents need to be 6" above flood level rim before they can be horizontal but what is the flood level rim of a toilet since the P-trap is in the toilet? Sorry if it is a dumb question.
  17. santhony7

Vent My Bathroom Please

I know this is a LOT to ask but in case someone feels like playing around with it. I am trying to vent 2 bathrooms. The diagram shows my foundation and the walls on the first floor. All plumbing is in the basement. All waste goes down that long 4" run on the right. I can't run any venting up any...
  18. santhony7

Horizontal Venting

I think I found the answer: Horizontal is okay as long as the vent is 6" above flood level and comes off the sewage no less than 45 degrees. Is there a max distance between the fixture and the P-Trap? Like, could the P-Trap be 12" below the fixture?
  19. santhony7

Horizontal Venting

I am having trouble finding information about horizontal venting (in Colorado). I know that a vent needs to be within X distance of the trap of a given fixture. If I were to vent within that distance but only vent up a few inches before going horizontal would that be ok? I need to make a run to...
  20. santhony7

P-trap angle question

plumbiong I am no plumber but... 1. The trap is made to point in any direction and I can't see a reason why the flow would be reduced by doing so. 2. The IDEAL situation would always run a sweeping turn but I know from experience that they do tend to take up a lot of space so you could...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks