Search results

1. Eric R Simons

Gas water heater drain spigot

Thanks for the feedback, I love this site!!!
  2. Eric R Simons

I'm pretty sure it's a brass valve. A plumbing shop installed the heater several years ago, that's why I think it's a Bradford White unit. Almost positive it isn't plastic. I'll just buy a new one. Good to know it's 3/4 pipe, I would have guessed 1/2.
  3. Eric R Simons

I have a gas water heater in a seasonal property. It is several years old and the drain spigot has begun to leak. Can I just unthread it from the tank and install a new one? I drain the unit every year for winter. I think it might be a bradford white brand, not 100% sure though. Thanks!
  4. Eric R Simons

Sticking flapper on Toto Drake toilet

Thanks for all the sage advice here. I"m happy to report that it is now working perfectly. I shortened the chain two links and set the flapper to 8, the highest number. It flushes fine now without holding the handle down. It all makes me wonder why the Korky replacement I first installed...
  5. Eric R Simons

I picked up the proper flapper as indicated by Terry. This new flapper is adjustable. When set to 8, the holes around the perimeter are all closed. The flapper I took out has a couple of holes around the perimeter. The new flapper has a quicker flush. I have to hold the handle down a little...
  6. Eric R Simons

Thanks for the info. The chain is definitely not getting caught under the flapper. I also didn't leave excess that might mess up the sealing by piling on top of the flapper. Based on Terry's input below, I might get a new flapper and try again. I only have the type that has two rubber pieces...
  7. Eric R Simons

I have a Toto Drake that is about 10 years old. The top of the flapper that secures the chain broke. I went to Home Depot and picked out a Korky replacement that was the same size as the old flapper. I installed it and now every now and then it doesn't seal and the toilet runs until I take...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks