Search results

1. jbg_diy

Vanity and plumbing offset for drain too low.

Hi Jeff, Very late reply, but are you saying if I put a 45 close to where the drain comes out of the wall to raise it I’ll still need an AAV on the trap arm? What if I used a 22.5?
  2. jbg_diy

I’m starting to think I should just cut the legs or get a new vanity, but it’s through Wayfair and they have the worst return policies. I appreciate the advice. I really wanted to see what my options were and ultimately make a decision soon.
  3. jbg_diy

Thanks. Have definitely considered this and still considering this. Seems like the ideal option, but I also like the comfort height of 36”. Just trying to weigh my options at this point.
  4. jbg_diy

Thanks for the info and advice. I was thinking of adding a new sanitary tee it’s just I’m dealing with a cast iron vent/drain stack :( any advice on the best way to add a new one to cast iron? Currently the pvc pipe you see is attached to the old cast iron drain with a fernco fitting.
  5. jbg_diy

It’s actually running horizontal to the main drain/vent stack. I’d raise it but I’m concerned I’ll have issues down the road if the pitch is greater than 1/4” per foot, which it definitely will be. Would you be concerned as well about maintaining that pitch?
  6. jbg_diy

Thanks Terry. My situation is slightly different in that the drain line is hitting the frame of the vanity. I could open the wall and raise it, but I’m worried I’ll have issues down the road with such an increased pitch. This does look like a great solution if I could somehow get it to work.
  7. jbg_diy

As you can see in the picture, the drain and supply line plumbing for my new vanity is off by several inches. Any advice on what to do here? The PVC drain line is connected to the old cast iron line with a fernco fitting. I believe it’s currently sloped at 1/4” per foot. I’m worried if I raise...
  8. jbg_diy

Sioux Chief 887-GPM PushTite

Thanks. That was my thought too, but unfortunately this is the only option I could find that I could extend. Wish they have a version available with the three points of contact gasket. I’ll make sure to use plenty of silicone grease.
  9. jbg_diy

Thanks Marlinman, will do. I’m having to do this because my cast iron flange was corroded and attached 3-1/4” down to the 4” cast iron drain with a lead sleeve (which I removed). Felt like this was the best route to go so I can extend the flange with 3” DWV PVC pipe. Do you agree?
  10. jbg_diy

I’m curious if anyone has used the Sioux Chief 887-GPM Push Tite in cast iron. I’ve seen pictures of the actual product with a sticker saying it can be used in CI but their tech sheet online says its for schedule 40 DWV pipe. Picture added by Terry Love
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks