Search results

1. Stuart Richman

Remove water ring on toilet with CEFIONTECT finish.

Hi, Finally heard back from Toto and this is what they said "For stubbon hard water stains, we recommend soaking the stain for 30-60 miutes with CLR cleaner, and scrubbing with a plastic toilet brush." Thanks for the input.
  2. Stuart Richman

Remove water ring on toilet with CEFIONTECT finish.

Hi, I have a Toto Ultramax II toilet with the CEFIONTECT finish. I've been gone for 2 months and now have a water ring in the bowl. I'm looking for suggestions how to remov the ring without being harsh on the bowl surface. Thank you
  3. Stuart Richman

Leaking fitting to faucet

Hi, This might be an obvious question to some...but what is the best technique to make sure the connection is tight to prevent leaks, but not to tight to deform the washer/gasket . Do you snug the connection, turn water on and see if it leaks..then continue to snug until no leaks occur? Thank you
  4. Stuart Richman

It would not thread into the fitting Terry suggested.
  5. Stuart Richman

Hi, The washer needs replacing. The size is; OD: 3/4 " ID: 7/16"; thickness 1/16". Having trouble finding it. Any suggestions? Thank you
  6. Stuart Richman

Thank you..I'll try that. There is a good chance I did over tighten.
  7. Stuart Richman

Hi, I am replacing a faucet in a RV. I can't get it too stop leaking. The first picture with the male brass fitting is in the RV and at the joint that's leaking. The second picture shows two fittings. The one on the left with the hose that was orignally there. The brass fitting on the...
  8. Stuart Richman

Toilet Flange Extender

Hi, I'm installing an Oatey Set Rite toilet flange extender. A couple of questions. 1. A couple of the screw holes where the new flange (yellow) will sit directly over where screws are located for the existing lower flange. Those should be removed from the existing lower flange? Correct...
  9. Stuart Richman

Bathroom fan replacement issue

Above the ceiling is the attic with no floor or storage. I have access via a stairway. It's a second floor bathroom, with the attic above. Actually, in making a bit more precise measurement, to make it fit, I only would have to notch out about 1/4-3/8 of inch over the length of the fan...
  10. Stuart Richman

Bathroom fan replacement issue

Hi, I am replacing my bathroom fan. Due to the location, I can not just put the new one in the same location for 2 reasons; (1) The grill for the replacment fan will entend and hit the wall on the left. (2). The HVAC ductwork is right above. So I need to place the new fan box to the right...
  11. Stuart Richman

Single or Double hole sink

Hi, We are buying a new double sink bathroom vanity. The hardware (Moen) we bought for it is a single control faucet that requires only one hole in the sink. They will drill a double hole if we want. The hardware (Moen) does come with a plate to cover the double hole. Should we get the...
  12. Stuart Richman

Wall vs floor water supply for Ultra max

Thank you for the replies. Since the toilet is 10" at the widest point (9 7/8"), half of that is 5". So, I'm at 6", so I should be good. I do plan to update to ball valves... FYI..I also reached out to Toto to confirm, they were very responsive and helpful via email. Thank you
  13. Stuart Richman

Wall vs floor water supply for Ultra max

Hi, I have a Toto Ultra max II one piece on order. The flange is in the correct location per the spec. sheet (12" CL from finished wall). But my water supply is on the floor vs. the wall. I think it will be fine, but wanted to check with others. It appears to be outside the toilet...
  14. Stuart Richman

Bath niche on outside walls

Done...thank you again for the advise.
  15. Stuart Richman

Thank you for the input, I've decided not to put it on the outside wall. It won't fit well on the opposite wall because either stud pocket (only 2) are not centered above the tub and it would not be centered. The opposite wall is not load bearing and I could frame in a spot which I may...
  16. Stuart Richman

Hi, As you can see in the picture, it is wood framed. With the insulation still in place, the niche can not be recessed into the wall. The depth of the niche matches the width of the studs. Thank you
  17. Stuart Richman

Hi, I'm doing a bathroom remodel and plan to put in a bathroom niche in a 3' x5' alcove type area. Ideally I would like to out the niche on the 5' wall, but that is an outside wall and the insulation would have to be removed. Is it ok to do this? Would there be freezing or condensation...
  18. Stuart Richman

Kohler Elmbrook Tub

Hi, I have purchased that tub about a month ago. I'm still in the remodel process. But I have filled it up with water and it seems very solid. As you can see, I placed motar underneath for additional support, although the instructions give you the option with or without (comes with 4 low...
  19. Stuart Richman

Soldering...is good (no leaks) good.

Can you explain why so I understand? Is it so it can be secured better than a clamp? Thank you
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks