Search results

1. JimboJones

New toilet S-trap too close to wall: get another, or modify plumbing?

Re: shutoff valve: yup, I replaced that shutoff valve myself a year ago, and used a ferrule puller to pull out the old ring. Just thinking ahead if I have to do it again in a decade. So you guys like the Dahl angled shutoffs? (I ended up finding a bunch of related threads only after posting...
  2. JimboJones

Here you go. The distance from the wall to the end of the shutoff knob is just over 3" (including the metal flange). This is the old toilet in the photo. The new Kohler's trap would sit maybe 2.75" from the wall at its closest point. The shutoff valve knob might fit as is, in the open position...
  3. JimboJones

I bought a Kohler Wellworth toilet today. When I got home and unboxed it, I noticed the set-out distance from the back of the S-trap would end up very close to my wall. My inlet pipe and shutoff valve are aligned just a little ways away from center behind my old toilet. On that old toilet, the...
  4. JimboJones

Is this foam overflow gasket too thick for my tub? (pic inside)

Thanks, Terry. So the foam gasket I put on there doesn't look too squished / too thick for my situation?
  5. JimboJones

Is this foam overflow gasket too thick for my tub? (pic inside)

I replaced the overflow gasket on my tub recently. The wall of my tub seems to have only a slight angle, so I wasn't sure which type of gasket to use. At first I used a thin hard rubber gasket, but that leaked a little when I tested it. So I switched over to a tapered foam gasket. I had a hard...
  6. JimboJones

Need to find non-standard tub overflow plate with screw holes 1.75" (1-3/4") apart

Wayne, great idea, I'd forgotten about those things. I'll see if they do the trick, thanks!
  7. JimboJones

Need to find non-standard tub overflow plate with screw holes 1.75" (1-3/4") apart

I need to find a 2-hole tub overflow plate with screw holes that are 1.75" (1-3/4") apart, which is distance between the screw holes in the waste elbow on my tub. From shopping at my local hardware store, and looking up tub overflow plates online, it seems like the standard screw hole distance...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks