Search results

1. Mike_J

high-pitched whine from heat pipes

I've just noticed a really annoying high-pitched whine coming from my sideboards whenever the circulator is running. I don't know if it's always been there and I just never noticed it but it's suddenly very loud and noticeable when the house is quiet. The thing is, I had the furnace off all day...
  2. Mike_J

kohler "popup-less" tub

My kohler bathtub has one of those internal stopper systems with no pop-up and just a strainer covering the hole. For tubs that are used for bathing, this seems unsanitary since the germs and nasty gunk in the drain hole have a free path straight into the bath water. Is it possible to retrofit a...
  3. Mike_J

Tankless water too hot for first minute - is this normal?

Thanks for the feedback. In considering your idea about the water in the cold pipe being heated, it suddenly occurred to me why the initial water is so hot. Tankless has no thermostat--the water is heated by simply passing through the coil, and when you aren't running the water it sits in the...
  4. Mike_J

Tankless water too hot for first minute - is this normal?

I understand why hot water tanks can deliver water that's hotter for the first minute or so (heat rises to top of tank), but I have tankless hot water from an oil burner and for the first minute the water is very hot (160F) and then sometimes drops down to a much cooler temp (as low as 130-ish)...
  5. Mike_J

Mysterious odor under kitchen sink

"Sour" smell kind of sounds like garbage odor--maybe someone stored trash under the sink and the smell is just embedded in the wood. Sometimes even bleach doesn't get at such odors because they sink in so deeply (learned from experience with various pets). Have you considered it might just be...
  6. Mike_J

Air spluttering and spitting from hot water taps

I have an oil burner with tankless hot water and a supplemental water heater tank. Recently I started having air spluttering and sometimes violently spitting from all hot water taps in the house. This happened once before due to a bad well pump, but in that case it was from both hot and cold...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks