Search results

1. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

Already talked to my Repiper, they seem totally cool about it. What a relief! They are going to pull it and let me know the schedule of the inspection. Phew! Thx for all your help!
  2. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

For my city, the permit fee isn't that bad, I was told by the contractor the permit is ~$200, hence why that they knocked $200 off the bill when I decided to skip the inspection. Interesting that it costs more when you don't hold a lic for that city. It must be tough for the little guys. I...
  3. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

"Some guys will put on contract permits to be pulled by owner or something to that effect." You mean they would have all the paper work prepared ahead, and let an owner apply for the permit on his own? Why would any homeowner hiring a licensed contractor to do the work apply for a permit on...
  4. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

The one foot pipe, I was actually more concerned with the fitting sticking out making it difficult for the patch crew, the insulation is secondary as it isn't an exterior wall, there isn't any extreme temperature changes. I don't get their justification for using those 90 brackets, I actually...
  5. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

@Jeff, You are putting words in my mouth. I never said that. I don't even know how inspection works. I have made it clear that I can overlook all the small imperfections, even the hole in my shower which had obviously been installed a little too low, and that I'm temporarily putting a piece...
  6. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

Thx jadziedzic for your reply! My ceiling joists are 2x10 (9-1/4"). The plumbers drilled 2 holes next to an existing electrical as shown in the picture. All 3 holes are about 1/2" apart, so there's no room to put on any insulation sleeves, those pipes are totally exposed in the middle of a...
  7. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

You r totally right! We had a slab leak, and this is the 2nd leak in a year, the 1st one was in the garage ceiling off the main line, so we decided it's time to repipe from copper to PEX. Yes, the solid colors are all the same, doesn't matter if it's red, blue or white. But there are actually...
  8. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

Thx Jeff for your reply. Not to delay the plumbers, only the drywall/stucco patch work. Sorry for not being clear. Many people skip the inspection, so that they don't have to live with holes in the walls for an extended period of time due to the city backlog during Covid. In hindsight, it's a...
  9. luvHiFlo

Repipe Permit Regrets

Hi Everyone, We are in the middle of repiping our entire house with PEX. The work seems to be rough and on the sloppy side. Some furnitures were not covered and scratched up, there were dust all over the place, on my closet mirrors and a shelf full of clothes. They have taken apart our laundry...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks