Search results

1. Modrob

Old Sterling tub three handle set…bad seat?

It’s me again, with another dilemma… Old tub/shower, with Sterling logo on the big handles. I pulled the stem out on one side, and in the back of the mixer valve was a small piece of “plastic” that came out with the stem. Looking inside it appears the back of the stem receptacle has a flat...
  2. Modrob

Terribly high water bills, no leaks found…arrrggg!

My sister and her 16-year-old daughter live in a duplex (separate water meters, my niece and her daughter live next door and have no water bill issues) and have in the last 3-4 months received outrageous water bills. (WV American) They’ve been there over two years, and their usual usage has been...
  3. Modrob

High pressure and Expansion tank

We live in a rural area but are served with “city water”. Recently they changed out meter (about 150 feet downhill) and a new regulating valve at the meter. Even before this, we had high pressure, and now it’s even higher—fluctuating between 100-120 psi. Hot water tank (I think 30 or 40 gallon)...
  4. Modrob

Repair/replace/update old cutoff valve

Mom's neighbor, low income, has a very run-down house with lots of problems. (Most likely terribly expensive) Basement has an old shower area that the late husband plumbed in two general cutoff valves, in to a T-fitting, which a plain pipe runs up the wall and bent out to form a downspout...
  5. Modrob

Electric Water Heater Issues

installed a new electric water heater a little more than a year ago. Lately I’ve noticed some days it’ll drip a little, (TP valve) and some days it drips/leaks quite a bit more. Only two of us in the house, but sometimes I hear it make “noise”, as if a shower was running. But no water running...
  6. Modrob

Major rust now in our supply; odd plumbing

Recently we’ve had some episodes of rusty water, mainly in toilets, but it would clear up in a day or so. This week, almost suddenly, it has started with a vengeance and not letting up. I’ve tried best I can to track down the source but the plumbing in her home is perplexing...(her late husband...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks