Search results

1. Ben E

Replacing and upgrading an old Grunfos hot water circulating pump

I was thinking that an efficient electric motor, such as a modern ECM motor, uses less electricity than a traditional motor, to do the same work. That's part of what I see in the manufacturer product descriptions. No? Agree that we can use a timer or remote (and we will).
  2. Ben E

John, I read the Grunfos literature about the Alpha pumps. Do you think they'd offer a material savings in electricity? Reducing 85W to (say) 40W, through the more efficient motor -- that's a savings of 45W per hour, times 10 hours of utilization per day, times 10 years service life times...
  3. Ben E

John, good question. I suppose I don't really know. Don't have plumbing plans. But big house (7200 square feet) Based on location of water heater versus furthest hot water fixture in the system, I'd say it's 100 feet each way, making allowances for turns as well as vertical distance. The...
  4. Ben E

My home has a UP 15-18B5 recirculating pump on domestic hot water. Original to home (2003). Dedicated return line. Pump chamber is soldered to copper pipes. Annoying -- best practice is flanges -- but I am not the original builder, so this is what I'm working with. Pump has failed. I need...
  5. Ben E

Troublesome drip on K-690 Kohler faucet in kitchen sink

Michael, thanks for thinking about this. I'm certainly open to Teflon tape. But where? My understanding is the watertight seal is supposed to take place between the cartridge and the seat. Water isn't supposed to be able to leak past that seal. There is threading on the bonnet that holds...
  6. Ben E

Still struggling with this! The Kohler GP1016515 cartridge has a seal on the bottom, a red piece with irregular shape (sort of three O rings connected to each other). Looks like rubber That comes straight from the factory as part of the new cartridge, so I hadn't lubricated it at all. Put...
  7. Ben E

I have a Kohler K690 kitchen faucet. Installed by prior homeowner, I believe 2003. Noticed a slow leak at base of the handle, so called Kohler for a new cartridge. After installing the new cartridge, I still had a drip. Called Kohler which said maybe new cartridge was faulty or improperly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks