Search results

1. pecan1

Regeneration every 3 weeks too infrequent?

Thank you, Dittohead. Your reasoning is sound. I do have Sani-System sanitizer and the phosphoric acid Res Care resin cleaner. My carbon filter is before the softener so the water that goes through the softener is void of chlorine. So I guess there is the potential for biological growth.
  2. pecan1

Thank you for your response Master Plumber Mark. Your explanation makes sense about moving the resin bed.
  3. pecan1

Thank you Reach4 for the reply. I will set DO to 28 days. As for the Fe and Mn numbers, I sent a water sample to a lab so those numbers came from their report. I'm not sure what happened there.
  4. pecan1

I am on city water with 7 gpg hardness measured with my Hach 5-b, 0.17 ppm iron, and 0.009 ppm manganese. We have a backwashing carbon filter in front of the softener. With the softener day override off, it takes my family around 3 weeks to go through capacity to initiate a regen on the...
  5. pecan1

Clack WS1.25 DLFC button for 1.5 cu ft Softener and Carbon Filter

Thanks Bannerman for the advice. I appreciate your help!
  6. pecan1

Clack WS1.25 DLFC button for 1.5 cu ft Softener and Carbon Filter

I have two 10" diameter, 1.5 cu ft tanks. The first is a backwashing carbon filter tank and the second is a 1.5 cu ft softener tank. My 1-year old Fleck 5810 filter valve failed after 1 year. Rather than doing a warranty swap, I'm having my service company swap out both valves (1.5 cu ft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks