Search results

1. Nami

Fleck 5800SXT switching from Sodium to Potassium

Hi, I would like to switch from sodium to potassium for my water softener. I am currently using these settings below. Do I need to change anything in my programming? Fleck 5800SXT Settings: Violet injector #00 using upflow piston BFLC is 0.125 cubic ft resin = 2 (12 x 52 tank) DF = Gal VT =...
  2. Nami

How can I report a business?

Here are the emails in text form:
  3. Nami

How can I report a business?

The business, Premier Water Systems also know as Oceanic Water Systems, is not honoring the the warranty for my water softener. I contacted Pentair and was told that I needed a new injector for my water softener and to contact my dealer to initiate this. I contacted Premier water systems on...
  4. Nami

Fleck 5800sxt not regenerating

Does having a longer BD hurt the system?
  5. Nami

Ah, I see, so the only way to avoid this is having the dual tank system? Is this upgrade worth having? Yes, that's correct.
  6. Nami

Yes, that's correct, the injector that I was given with my system is the violet injector #00 which I think is the the 2nd or 3rd smallest injector size, and it is in the lower hole position and my system came with the upflow piston.
  7. Nami

OH! I get it now. So, will the volume remaining that flashes on the screen show 0 gallons, or will it start showing whats left of the RC once the usable capacity is depleted? And what happens if my reserve capacity is used before my set regeneration time at 3 AM
  8. Nami

Hi, I recently set up my water softener with these settings: Fleck 5800SXT Settings: DF = Gal VT = 5800 RF = UFbd CT = Fd C = 48.1 H = 23 RS = rc RC = 300 DO = 28 RT = 3:00 BD = 145 BW = 10 RR = 5 BF = 43 FM = t0.7 RE = OFF VR = OFF Currently, the flashing display shows that there are only 50...
  9. Nami

Fleck 5800 sxt programming and upflow questions

OH! I understand now. The settings are all starting to make sense. Thank you for that info!
  10. Nami

Got it, so the link of the post you sent says the conversion for the compensates water hardness is: Compensated Water Hardness Multiply by 1 - 20 gpg 1.1 21 - 40 gpg 1.2 41 - 70 gpg 1.3 71 - 100 gpg 1.4 100+ gpg 1.5 I will set my H to 23 and will change DO to 28. So here are my final...
  11. Nami

My hardness was 20 GPG when I tested it using the Hach kit, so should I increase it to 23? I set DO at 14 because the pentair rep recommended 14, what do you suggest? And yes, your theory is true for Fleck 5600 valves, but for 5800 valves, upflow and downflow are both black according to the...
  12. Nami

ok got it, thanks! I’m running a regen cycle right now with these settings. Hopefully all goes well. Fleck 5800SXT Settings: DF = Gal VT = 5800 RF = UFbd CT = Fd C = 48.1 H = 20 RS = rc RC = 300 DO = 14 RT = 3:00 BD = 145 BW = 10 RR = 5 BF = 43 FM = t0.7 RE = OFF VR = OFF
  13. Nami

Ok, so these are the final numbers: C = 48.1 BD = 145 min BF = 43 min With these numbers, should I still keep my DO = 14 days?
  14. Nami

Thanks for all the info and help! Sorry for all the stupid questions, so to finalize I can use these numbers: C = 48.1 BD = 38 min BF = 43 min Since my BFLC is 0.125, does that mean I have to increase my BD to 110 min as you suggested in the previous post?
  15. Nami

So I set my BD to 110 and my BF to 38, did you say to change the BF to 38 or keep it at 32? Also, my capacity (C) is set at 36 does that need to be changed? This is all using the violet #00 injector with the RF setting UFbd (upflow)
  16. Nami

Thanks for the reply Reach4, can I ask how you were able to calculate the number for the BD? Is there a formula?
  17. Nami

Just an update, I got off the phone with the pentair rep again. He looked up the serial number for my system and said that the piston is an upflow piston. He also said that for my 12” x 52” tank, I need the red #0 injector and NOT the purple #00 injector. He also said that after several years...
  18. Nami

Hi Reach4 and dittohead, thank you for your replies. I’m a total newbie at this and I agree, the seller has been terrible throughout this whole install. I’ve taken apart the unit according to the video and have attached my pictures. The injector is indeed violet. Does this pose a problem...
  19. Nami

Hi, I just registered for these forums after trying to program and install my water softener this past week. I couldn't find any previous posts regarding my questions so I was wondering if someone could help me with my questions. First off, I bought a Fleck 5800 sxt water softener 64,000...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks