Search results

1. wlam08

Retrofit and Air Gap

I have a dishwasher hooked up to my disposal with a high loop under the sink. Every now and then, I get a sewer-type smell in the dishwasher. I was thinking of installing an air gap, but I have granite counter tops that I'd have to drill a hole through. Can the air gap somehow be installed...
  2. wlam08

Water removal from an outdoor below grade stairwell

I have an 80 year old house with a basement walkout that floods in heavy rains. The drain that's there was disconnected before we purchased the house and cannot be reconnected without breaking up a good portion of my basement. Is there anyway (pump or otherwise) that I can get the water...
  3. wlam08

Covering AC line set on outside of house

Does anyone have any suggestions for covering / dressing up the line set coming down the side of the house from an attic AC unit? I have white siding and the black foam just pops right out at you....
  4. wlam08

Sewer Backwater / Check Valve

I have to replace about 40 feet of sewer line and my cleanout. I don't have overhead sewer lines, so I was also interested in installing a backflow preventer as well. However, I've heard mixed reviews on the different solutions available and the "cadillac" powered system with a holding tank...
  5. wlam08

Gutter Screens

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I suspect most everyone has run into the same issues I have. Does anyone have any good recommendations for gutter screens? Either the ones that go in the downspout or the ones that cover the whole gutter? Adam
  6. wlam08

Cast iron pipe too high and tilted - please help!

I have a very silmilar problem to lancevs in the 11-20 post "tilted iron pipe." I removed an old toilet about a year ago to have wood floors installed. (yes a year ago - it's a powder room and I 've been re-doing the whole house, so it hasn't been high on the priority list). I just went...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks