Search results

1. SleeperinSeattle

TEST RESULTS IN: Please recommend Softener and Filter system for our new to us house with a well

Thank you! That is good to hear the results aren't horrible! I was afraid of much worse test results...
  2. SleeperinSeattle

TEST RESULTS IN: Please recommend Softener and Filter system for our new to us house with a well

Water test is in!!!! Here are the results: I look forward to system advice and any recommendations! Thank you!
  3. SleeperinSeattle

Will do! It seems like this forum has a lot of helpful people in the biz from all over the country- but what I've learned (and makes sense) is you have to get a water test before any one can really make any real and holistic recommendation. My first recommendation is get a Lab water test then...
  4. SleeperinSeattle

Well sanitizing (extra attention to 4 inch casing)

Very interesting! Thank you, Reach, for pointing this out!
  5. SleeperinSeattle

Well... Life happens... Just sent off the water samples- should hear back in about two weeks. I'll update the post as soon as I get the test results back.
  6. SleeperinSeattle

Another weekend, and still not complete... I installed the Cycle Stop Valve (thank you, Cary): I couldn't get the old metal piping apart from the old check-valve, so I had to make a trip to Home Depot to get a new check-valve. I called Cary and he said he prefers to put the check-valve in...
  7. SleeperinSeattle

Awesome, thank you so much for putting the diagram together to show me how it would fit in my system. I'll watch the video after work today to get a better understanding of how it works. I saw on your website a picture of it being installed between floor joists/ceiling- That would free up...
  8. SleeperinSeattle

I'm sorry guys- I still haven't gotten to test the water- I thought I was ready- then opened the box from the testing place and it said we needed to freeze the ice pack and that we should test it early in the week to ship in the fastest time possible... So, all we really did was take out the...
  9. SleeperinSeattle

Thank you all for your information! I'll look into Kinetico I wanted to give everyone an update. After looking closer at the water system- it will take a little more work to collect water to test before the 300 gallon storage tank. I'm hoping to add a temporary faucet between the well and...
  10. SleeperinSeattle

Hi, Thank you for the response. I'm very curious about the lab results too- I'll really appreciate any and all input and opinions once I post the results here. Here are some pics: We have a fire suppression/sprinkler system- hence the 300 gallon tank that needs to be cleaned out...
  11. SleeperinSeattle

Okay, so I ordered a water test kit last week and it will be here this weekend, and then will be able to get more specifics of what's in my water- and then hopefully design a filter and softener system to make the water the best it can be. I'll update this post when I get the results.
  12. SleeperinSeattle

Hi, I'm curious about getting a whole house water filtration and softener system for our new to us house that is on a well. It's our first time having a well and we don't know much about water filtration and softener systems- nor wells... Here's some data about my water and system: Existing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks