Search results

1. Slamdunk

How to test sewer pipe?

I was finishing up some crawlspace encapsulation and when I was near the sewer pipe as it goes underground, I smelled a dead animal smell That wasn't there a few weeks ago. I would be sure it was a rodent except of the proximity to the sewer pipe. Is there a way to test this? The dirt around...
  2. Slamdunk

I would like to clean up my circuit breaker panel

Quick response! thanks. I have added a subpanel next to the main panel for eight additional spaces but I would like to remove it too. It just screams: "Lack of planning ". When I did my wiring, I had three conduits. Over the years, romex was used and the panel now looks like Medusa. I...
  3. Slamdunk

I would like to clean up my circuit breaker panel

I have 200A service. 20 years ago, I placed each room on it's own CB using 12AWG wire; approx 4-5 outlets per breaker. A few years ago, we added three rooms to the house. I just recently discovered that the electricians placed 13 outlets and two ceiling fans/lights on one 15A breaker. I...
  4. Slamdunk

How could I have done thos better?

Hi, my 90 yr old bathroom sink had a galvanized drain pipe that went three feet horizontally to the vent stack. Over the past thirty years, I have had to snake it several times. It finally developed pin holes on bottom of pipe that I was able to see with a borescope camera. My fix was to cut...
  5. Slamdunk

Toto Soiree colors

Appreciate the link
  6. Slamdunk

Toto Soiree colors

Awesome! Thank you!
  7. Slamdunk

Toto Soiree colors

Hello, I am about to order a toto soiree toilet and I am looking for "plain old white" to match existing fixtures. The colors available are cotton white and colonial white. It is hard to tell the difference on a computer screen. Can anyone help me with this?
  8. Slamdunk

Will a Toto Vivian faucet work on this sink?

It was very easy to open the hole 1/4" with a carbide hole saw using an inverted hole saw as a pilot. Ten minutes. before and after.
  9. Slamdunk

It's my sink so saying " no guarantee " to the Mrs is futile! I broke down and removed the thing ( 90 years of rust and soap scum- what a mess). The hole is 1-1/8". Needs to be 1-3/8" so I will enlarge with a hole saw using an inverted 1-1/8" hole saw as a pilot.
  10. Slamdunk

I have a cast iron sink identical to this one. I am curious of the center hole diameter. On the top side, it is a brass fitting to chain a drain plug to. Would it be the same size as the faucet holes? I want to replace worn out faucet with a Toto Vivian center spout. Thanks for any thoughts.
  11. Slamdunk

Need to move toilet drain pipe but I have questions

Thanks! I figured pulling toilet on a 4 inch flange would be easier to remove a clog. From flange to run it is only about 15 inches. But if the code requires a clean out, then there will be a clean out. I guess I'll leave 4" all the way. I didn't want to run into a performance issue. Thank...
  12. Slamdunk

Need to move toilet drain pipe but I have questions

Hello All, I am in the planning stages of updating a 5' x 5' bathroom built in 1930. One issue I'm studying is the toilet sewer pipe. Presently, the toilet has a 16 inch rough in. A wall tank is connected to the pot with a 2" chrome L. I want to make it a 12 inch rough in and it seems...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks