Search results

1. Rocketman69

Best way to attach and vent upstairs plumbing?

All good info. Thanks for the reply.
  2. Rocketman69

What do I gain here? Is this just to make the trap arm longer prior to the vent? Ohhhh....I see. I'm assuming all of the examples I've seen using the Santee on its back must've been using IPC? Thanks for clearing that up.
  3. Rocketman69

Seems like your descriptions are pretty clear. See the following for a few questions: A couple extra joists to drill through, but shouldn't be a problem I suppose. Any reason for the combo vs a san-tee? Same question as above, regarding the combo for the shower vent. Might be tight, but...
  4. Rocketman69

I'm confused on this one. Where would the combo you're referring to go? I thought that was what I did? Ah, good. I get confused on the horizontal to vertical vs vertical to horizontal sometimes. Yeah, exactly. Since this is a small space, I'm trying to keep everything as tight as possible...
  5. Rocketman69

I threw together a mock up with some scrap pipe. Anything here I'd need to change? I'm not sure if I can use the heel inlet 90 for the WC vent mounted on a 45 like this, but I didn't see why it would cause any issues. Kitchen sink, lav, & laundry standpipe have their own vents not pictured.
  6. Rocketman69

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I went with the Sioux Chief OxBox, so I could split them up. Was already planning on having the valves beside the machines for easy access, but was going to put the drain box behind. No big deal keeping them together though. I thought about also having a...
  7. Rocketman69

I suppose I could put the washer box in the shared wall with the lav. Didn't really think about having the standpipe next to, instead of behind, the washer. Can the shower and WC vents tie in at 6" above the WC flood rim? I assumed it was 6" above the flood rim of the highest fixture. Yes...
  8. Rocketman69

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm going to vent the kitchen sink straight up at the outside wall where that sink is located, since it is around 20' from the main stack. My original plan was to come across with the upstairs Washer & lav drains, and tie in to the kitchen sink lateral on its way...
  9. Rocketman69

Thanks for the quick response. I thought that might be the case. Probably should have known better. I'm trying to work around tight tolerances between three joist bays, and thought it might work. How about the updated sketch?
  10. Rocketman69

Ok.... Just a follow up on my previous post: I moved the bathroom walls and can now run 2" vents for the WC & Shower up through the north wall into the ceiling. I'm trying to figure out the best way to tie in the kitchen sink, shower, and WC to the stack. Can someone take a look at the...
  11. Rocketman69

You know.... That's a damned good question. I didn't plumb the stuff below the floor. I guess I took for granted that part was done properly. I had considered making an access hole, but I'm concerned that the distance between the peak of the hip roof and the old flat roof might not be enough to...
  12. Rocketman69

I threw a quick sketch together that hopefully clears things up a bit. The note in the downstairs portion of the sketch that says " 2" for laundry " is referring to the downstairs laundry. Unfortunately, there is no access to the attic....or perhaps more prudent to say they're isn't one. The...
  13. Rocketman69

I should also mention that there is a half bath and laundry in the lower level that are tied into that stack below the slab. I'm in Kansas City, MO; so I believe we're under UPC on this side of the border. I'd rather not have to try and hide the incursion. If it came down to that, I'd just...
  14. Rocketman69

Terry, The crock in the picture is just a sump pump, not connected to the waste system in any way. Wayne, I was under the impression that the 3" main stack should always continue vertically through the roof. Unfortunately, the back (North) wall of the bathroom sits directly above the double...
  15. Rocketman69

Wayne, Thanks for the quick response. The joists run perpendicular to the staircase. I don't have the plans handy, but I've attached a couple more pictures. The first shot is from below the closet flange. In the SketchUp image, the joists would run from the top of the picture to the bottom...
  16. Rocketman69

I'm hoping you guys can set me in the right direction here. I'm renovating an apartment that's attached to my workshop for my mother in law. Due to a miscommunication between me, my old plumber, and my old carpenter; the waste stack ended up on an exterior wall below the staircase. I need to...
  17. Rocketman69

Outbuilding water supply question

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I was already planning on having a shutoff in the utility closet for the residents, but the thought of having one at the stub seems like a good idea in case I have any issues with the line between the stub and closet. I was just concerned with being able to shut...
  18. Rocketman69

Outbuilding water supply question

I was hoping someone here might be able to give me a nudge in the right direction. I have a 30x50 concrete workshop down the hill from my house. There's a two story "apartment" that has a footprint of roughly 28'x22' with 10' ceilings on both levels attached to this workshop. When we bought...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks