Search results

1. BillD60

Sprinkler System - Pond or Domestic Supply?

It's official - I am using my domestic supply for this project. Given our growing season, relative immunity to long droughts, and reasonably small area to be watered, this makes the most sense and requires the least annual maintenance. I will be installing a CSV before I actually direct water...
  2. BillD60

Thanks for taking the time to give some thought to my project. A cycle stop valve has been recommended twice now, so it seems like a good thing to do. Thanjs again!
  3. BillD60

Good thoughts - I am in a very rural in the real upstate NY region, where neighbors are neither seen or heard. My ponds are supplied by springs and a mountain stream, so they are very clean and clear. What happens upstream, you are right, can certainly affect me downstream. I never thought this...
  4. BillD60

All good points! Plants are all in here. Memorial Day is always our target date though a frost can always appear 7-10 days after that, for sure. This garden mixes flowers and vegetables, with two dozen blueberry bushes and 40' of raspberry canes thrown in for good measure! As I continue to...
  5. BillD60

Getting power to the garden shed, regardless of which system I choose, is a given and pretty easily done. As I tend to do with most things, I might overthink this to death; but you willingness to engage in thoughtful conversation is extremely helpful. Our growing season is pretty short, and...
  6. BillD60

Wow! I really do appreciate the time you have taken to talk through this. I may, now, have swung to using the irrigation pump set-up. Does this pump pull water, as I would like to set up the pump with the sprinkler controls/etc. in a garden shed next to the garden. The shed is located about...
  7. BillD60

Thank you for your thoughts and response. The easiest way for me is. by far, using my domestic system; but my concerns are exactly as you point out, stress on the mechanicals of that system. I have never heard of a cycle stop valve, but it makes sense, and I can handle the installation. If I...
  8. BillD60

Building on the adage, "When she's happy, we're happy," I am building my bride the garden of her dreams. Before wrapping up bluestone walks and planting areas, I would like to put in a sprinkler system for her... us. I used Rainbird's free design service for a design and parts list. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks