Search results

1. Duder

Foamy, Brown, Hard Water after regen - Clack WS1

SO i ran a water softener clean cycle (with the iron cleaner) today, ran regen immediately as directed. Confirmed slightly brown water coming out of the backwash, and visible in some of the sinks for a time after the regen cycle. I have some samples now - the samples got less brown over a 10...
  2. Duder

Water softener clogging pipes?????

Yes - both brother and I are on the same city source. Have measured Chlorine ppm and it's in the normal range, but our city water has enough minerals in it that a softener is pretty much required where we are at (Jacksonville FL area)
  3. Duder

Great advice. Starting with bypass seems like a good bet - but I think he has sediment in the pipes based on what the kids say. If sediment is coming out of the shower heads that would not be salt, it would be resin or calcium right?
  4. Duder

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a Kenmore Elite Hybrid Water Softener P#7332880. In the manual it describes this functionality "The ultra cleaning feature provides added protection for water using appliances by reducing the chance of larger particles entering the various product valves and...
  5. Duder

This is another dated but very relevant thread that I am rekindling based on a problem I have observed recently. Here's the situation (at brother 's place) - after a drop in water pressure in faucets of his home, he was told that the resin beads inside his 10 year old softener were failing and...
  6. Duder

TOTO drake waterhammer

This is an old thread - but I found it from a Google search. What a great resource this site is. I just installed a Drake II and I had the same issue described by Henry Rollins in 2015 (same Toto fill valve) - very loud water hammer when fill valve shut off. I read this thread and then called...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks