Search results

1. D C

High Flow (15gpm) Softener Recommendations?

Thanks. So it's a 'time on target' calculation for the amount of resin. Makes sense. Of course that needs to also be sized according to the household size hardness. 75 gal pp/day @ 25 grains x 4 people is 7500 grains/day, so that's ~50k grains with a 7 day recharge cycle. That suggests 2.0...
  2. D C

Where does the pressure tank enter the flow equation? It's a 15gpm constant pressure well pump feeding a 1-1/4" line. With a multi-head shower, flow is important. Don't want the softener being a restriction on the system.
  3. D C

Building a house for my son and DIL. They just got their well pump installed (15gpm) and well-water test results back (25 grains hardness, 0.5ppm iron). Would like to find a softener setup that can handle the flow rate without issue and the hardness, keeping in mind that it's 2 of them now...
  4. D C

Jammed Fleck 5810SXT (w/video)

Can't say I'm impressed with it so far. Flow meter has crapped out and now this. Doesn't seem like a particularly sophisticated widget with technology that's been around for eons. Just remembered that a few months ago, the screen was blank and unresponsive. Buttons did nothing. Finally...
  5. D C

Sorry, no error code. (Forgot to respond to that) The display happily cycles between time and gal remaining... which barely ever changes, but that's a flow-meter issue I need to address. And now that I've given it some time to think about what it's done, I hit the button to see if it was...
  6. D C

More than not drawing brine, it's not backwashing or anything that involves 'real' water flow. It did the same thing once quite some time ago, and in January I noticed a lot of brine. I tried to catch it on video then, but it started and ran normally. Here's that normal startup to compare...
  7. D C

I noticed that there was an excess of water in the brine tank, almost up to the overflow, despite only 2 bags of salt being in it. Initiated a recharge and instead of a backwash, I got a partial rotation of the gears, some sort of beep, a grunt from the motor, and a partial reversal. Pressing...
  8. D C

Is this a problem....?

Had to share this.... My brother lives in a 1960s ranch, municipal water & sewer. Little known about the history before he bought it <2 years ago, except that it's been 'remodeled' and has a basement bathroom and laundry and plumbing issues. We were over there at thanksgiving and he was talking...
  9. D C

need to fix site security certificate or site cannot be accessed

TONS of issues with the ads here. Just had one take-over my new-post page and post the "your computer has been locked out" message along with the computerized voice telling me to call their phone number to unlock my computer. Killed that page (using Chrome) and now McAffee is telling me that...
  10. D C

Drain/Vent Layout - New Const

2.5 bath house Main floor master & 1/2 bath 2nd floor full bath The master seems straightforward: WC downstream of shower, downstream of tub, downstream of lavs. Wet vent a big loop and run the vent up & out at the lavs. The 1/2 bath is a WC with the lav wet-vented (I think, depending on the...
  11. D C

Basement Bath - Stubbing for Future with Crock/Lift Pump

Paradigm shift. Thanks Wayne! I was totally stuck thinking that 3 fixtures meant 3 stubbed DRAINS for those fixtures and not a wet vent for the lav drain. It looks like I'm going to have to flip the bath so the tub is on the crock end and the lav on the far end, but I think it'll look pretty...
  12. D C

Thanks. Actually turning this room into a functional bathroom is 10+ years down the road in all likelihood.
  13. D C

Thanks Wayne I think I was being too specifically focused on the under-slab work that needs to be done now and not inclusive of the future (if ever) work. The sink would be vented in the stud wall. I can put bends in the sub-slab drain to get it to come up that outer wall and not encroach...
  14. D C

I'm about to stub in a basement bath for my son's new build. Seeing as how there isn't a lot to do while waiting for lumber prices to relax, we might as well tackle the basement bath. The important stuff... Location: Michigan 3 Piece full bath. Roughly 5' x 9' Septic outlet height requires...
  15. D C

Standing Water in Brine Tank. How much?

Thanks! I'll measure from the check valve to verify the level. It seemed like more than I had seen on other softeners, and I figured the second brine fill was the reason. No problem adding salt. Just takes a lot of salt to load this thing above the waterline. I appreciate the advice!
  16. D C

Standing Water in Brine Tank. How much?

I set-up my softener based on some recommendations on the forum. My brine tank is 18" diameter x ~40" tall. I can load about three 40# bags of salt before any of the salt breaks the surface of the water. It's low on salt now and there's about a foot of water in the bottom of the tank. That...
  17. D C

FLeck 5810 SXT Settings Help Request

Awesome guys! Much appreciated! I'll make some setting changes and see how it goes. I'm putting in about 1 cup (or so) of citric acid per 40-50lb bag of salt. Is that about right? And is there any point in using the "iron fighter" salt (or whatever name each brand uses)? I haven't been.
  18. D C

Found it BLFC: 0.25 GPM DLFC: ------ INJECTOR: 1 A local water analysis lab did the hardness check as part of the testing that needed to be done to certify the new well. So if this thing was set to 24,000 grains, it was working to not much more than 2 lbs/cuft salt. That might explain why the...
  19. D C

I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon of people asking for setting advice. We've been in our house a bit over a year now, and it seems like the softener is slowly becoming less effective. When we moved in and installed the softener, my wife actually asked if water could be TOO soft. Not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks