Search results

1. Maxine

How do plumbers decide on what to charge?

Thanks. The plumber that came was in the area (like 10 minutes away), and believe me, my family and I do not look like we are rolling in it. We live in a small-medium size house in Northern NJ and have regular cars like a Honda Accord and a Nissan Altima (and they are not new), nor do we live...
  2. Maxine

How do plumbers decide on what to charge?

I just had my first plumber come on Saturday (here in NJ) to reduce a gas pipe so I can push my new gas range all the way back against the wall. He charged $45 for a site visit. After he assessed it, he charged $319, and he fixed the pipe in about 20-30 minutes. My total with tax came out to...
  3. Maxine

Need advice - New range not fitting against wall due to gas pipe

Thank you for your advice. Now I know that I am on track, as well as what to ask/look for. I have called the plumber and he will be coming on Saturday. Thanks so much for responding. This is a great site. I will definitely be here to learn more about plumbing and remodeling. Happy Holidays!
  4. Maxine

Need advice - New range not fitting against wall due to gas pipe

Hi! I am new here, and am hoping someone can help me. We just received our new Maytag gas slide-in range yesterday. After the installer installed it, the back was sitting about 3-4 inches away from the wall. It was due to a gas pipe that we have running up from the floor, about 3 inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks