Search results

1. Darkflux

Bonding rubber to plastic...

that was actually a response to Jeff, who said to "clamp the hose" and that he had a dispenser leak, which wasn't my problem, and clamping the hose wouldn't help. i've seen glues that say they will affix to both rubber and plastic, but they don't mention being waterproof, and you know what they...
  2. Darkflux

The hose itself isn't leaking, it is leaking from the point BETWEEN the rubber hose and plastic tub. Plus, if i plug the hole, i can't use the bleach dispenser I'd much rather seal the gap around the rubber and permanently affix it to the tub, if possible.
  3. Darkflux

Wasn't sure where to put this. I have a washing machine that has worked for over 2 decades, but just now decided to leak...but not from a crack in a tube or hose or even some crack in the large plastic tub. It is actually trickle-leaking from the hole in the side of the tub where the bleach...
  4. Darkflux

Washing Machine Drain Situation

I think you may be right. I should only need to go aout 3 foot, so that should work just fine. Thanks again!
  5. Darkflux

Okay, thank you! Wait, so after the P-trap, I can just keep going horizontal till I reach the kitchen floor, then a long sweeping 90? According to what I had read, it was 4" minimum and 5" maximum after the P-trap, before heading down. Did I read that wrong?
  6. Darkflux

I have an unusual situation. I am relocating my laundry room appliances to an area adjacent to my kitchen. The kitchen is immediately above the basement area, and the adjacent area where the laundry room appliances will be is PAST the cement of the basement wall. So i will need to run the drain...
  7. Darkflux

Basement Ceiling Options

Not sure how well I trust FRP. Glued products never seem to have any luck in my house. Plus, very few of the wall/ceiling boards are very "flush" or plumb, so I was hoping for something I could screw in place. Something thicker and better insulating than plastic sheets ;)
  8. Darkflux

Basement Ceiling Options

My basement is old. it was originally a cellar back before indoor plumbing was a thing. so it has lower ceilings than most (about 7 feet), and since most of the ceiling is criss-crossed with pipes and ductwork, standing upright is not an option for a 6'2" humanoid such as myself. Nonetheless...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks