Search results

1. Aaron_808

Water Supply Design

1. Ya, I'm not too concerned about it. I can't imagine we will have every fixture in use while we are watering outside... I'm mostly concerned about passing inspection! 2. I have been watching our water pressure. Looks like we have 58-60 psi from the city so we won't need a PRV. 4. I'm not...
  2. Aaron_808

Water Supply Design

Thank you very much for your response! I've seen you post those charts before so I decided to take a Youtube class on sizing pipes and I'm glad I did! Now I know how to use them. But I have a few questions that weren't answered there: 1. Do I need to count irrigation in my building supply...
  3. Aaron_808

Water Supply Design

Hello again, I am working on my addition/rebuild project and am wondering what all I need for my water supply line to my 3-bath house. Currently I have my meter, a 40’ run of 3/4” copper up to the house, to a ball valve, to a tee leading one way to a hose bibb, another valve and irrigation...
  4. Aaron_808

Bends in Trap Arms (Specifically Toilets)

Well then, I guess that answers that. Thank you very much!
  5. Aaron_808

Bends in Trap Arms (Specifically Toilets)

Hello again, I am told that I can have a 90º bend in a trap arm. Does the 4x3 closet elbow already count as 90º? I would like to put a 22.5º horizontal bend in my 5.5' toilet trap arm to line things up. It will vent via a 3x2 wye laying on its back. This is in a crawlspace but there isn't...
  6. Aaron_808

Lav Cleanout: Test Tee vs Sanitary

Heh, that’s how I was going to extend off a test tee. Maybe I’ll go with a sanitary instead then...
  7. Aaron_808

Ah. Looks like the best of both worlds! Either way, if installed in a 2x4 wall, would you recommend extending it a little bit to make the drywall work cleaner? I’m guessing it would be better to have the cap a little proud of the drywall. Thanks again!
  8. Aaron_808

Hello again, I’m installing 2” cleanouts just below my lav sanitary tees/trap arms. Should they be test tees or sanitary tees? Or does it matter? It seems like sani tees would be better for less accumulation. It also seems like I’m overthinking this. Thanks! -Aaron
  9. Aaron_808

Yet Another Wet Vent Question

Thank you for the input! I'm doing the sp45 instead of sp60 to keep that section of pipe at 45º. If I go vertical there, it will increase the height of my shower trap arm and potentially push it into the joists. I'm also trying to have it at 45º to make it into my wall within the shower...
  10. Aaron_808

Thank you everyone for the help! I think I came up with a design. Can you please look it over for me? My main concern is the type of tee needed to connect the shower trap arm to waste stack. The tee I'm considering for this connection is this one installed on a 45º slope...
  11. Aaron_808

Hello, Let's say you have a toilet that drains into a 4x3 closet elbow, travels horizontally about 2 feet, and then has a vertical vent. About 2 more feet down the line there is a shower drain that will be very difficult to vent. Can you just connect the 2" shower drain to the 3" pipe from...
  12. Aaron_808

Combo vs Wye

Wyes it is then. Thank you!!
  13. Aaron_808

Combo vs Wye

Hi all, On a horizontal run, is there a preference between using a wye or combo if you have a choice? The wye has less change in direction and has a shorter run, but maybe a combo has a smoother transition? Is one less prone to clogging? Or am I just overthinking this? If anything, is one...
  14. Aaron_808

Plumbing Through Posts

Thank you for the quick replies. Like I said, awesome forum! These are great ideas. The whole vanity area has yet to be designed so I think a box under that window and above our mirrors would fit right in to hide the pipe. Thanks again!
  15. Aaron_808

Plumbing Through Posts

Hi Everyone, Is it normal to run a 1.25” ABS vent through a 4x4 post that is supporting a 4x12 parallam and is a hold down? Even with a stud shoe, it doesn’t sound like a great idea to me. Is there a better way to vent this? It’s for a double lav. An AAV would be awesome but I don’t think...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks