Search results

1. James23912

I bought a wall light I wanted to operate from a switch but it has a rotary control

Hi thanks, that's a relief. I bought the lights at lowes so I assume they are ok, but I have got boxes set in the walls, I did the inside wiring on the house, not the panel and meter stuff, so I am hopefully good to go, thanks again.
  2. James23912

I bought a wall light I wanted to operate from a switch but it has a rotary control

So I bought two cheap wall lights that I planned to hook to a wall switch but now i find that they are operated by a rotary switch on the light, so can I just wire it and leave the rotary switch on and use the wall switch to turn it on and off? Kind of dumb, I know.
  3. James23912

Max flow shower valve

that is interesting, can you just reverse both ends even if the tub fills slows more slowly? Mostly take showers anyway and also have a jet tub in another bathroom
  4. James23912

question on second floor hot water being hot all the time

I have a jet tub bath on the second floor fed thru pex, I usually turn on the water normally and never check it but today I went to just rinse off some paint and turned on the hot water knob and hot water came out right away. I don't understand, it would imply a leak somewhere but I have been...
  5. James23912

Shark bite, please don’t cringe

I was building a new house with almost t no plumbing knowledge and tight budget so I used them in connecting from my water tank to a filter to the water softener to the water heater and expansion tank. as well as attaching to the manifolds , that was four years ago with zero problems. those are...
  6. James23912

can crimps be used on all types of PEX?

I want to add a piece of hot water baseboard heat in an area that gets kind of cold, there is a line in the basement that runs close to where I want to do it so I would have to drain and cut the line in the cellar and attach new sections with 90s, making a kind of U shape, so I have used pex...
  7. James23912

Need help half my circuits just went out

so the electrician knew of a company that specializes in tracing lines, i would not have thought that existed, so last Monday we were waiting for the crew to come and the power co had to disconnect the line and one of the power company guys started tapping on the conduit coming down the pole, I...
  8. James23912

Hi all, thanks for the reply, so I had lived in a trailer which I got rid of and built a new house starting in Sept 2019, still working on it, but the underground service was from 1993, direct burial. The electrician tested a bunch of stuff and one leg at the meter is significantly lower than...
  9. James23912

Thanks, I don't think it's just recptacles, half the circuits are out. I got ahold of the guy who did my breaker box and he is coming in the morning, from what he said and what I have read it is something in the main incoming wires, I have it underground and my meter is on a post 100' from the...
  10. James23912

Hi I don't know what happened, half my circuits just went out, seems to be the 15 amps, breakers did not trip, they are the new type , surge protectors. I checked the refidgerator, which was out but the light inside was flickering, it works now off a 2o amp plug, this is crazy, any ideas please?
  11. James23912

Need to connect some thick wires

I am about to hook up an inductive cooktop and separate stove to my old 220 stove wire, I thought i could use wire connectors but the biggest ones i have, red ones, do not look big enough to hold all the wires, is there some type of connector I should get?
  12. James23912

Wiring info needed for new separate oven and inductive cooktop

I am replacing my electric stove with a separate oven and inductive cooktop, I have looked online for wiring help but do not see much, the existing wiring is pretty new and is 4 wire, one site says use the same breaker but use a junction box, I am not sure what that means exactly, the new items...
  13. James23912

Laying hardwood floor in narrow hallway

this is a remodeling page, right? so why are you even here, idiot
  14. James23912

stick to plumbing. Standards do not tell you the distance the nailer covers between walls, geez!
  15. James23912

Hi I am looking to install some 3/4" x 4" maple flooring in a hallway that is about 3' by 10', the boards will be running along the 10' stretch so I am not sure how to nail it down, it seems like a nailer won't be of much good given the 3' width so asking if it is worth renting one or just hand...
  16. James23912

Question on pop up drain with overflow

Hi Worth, thanks, There is in fact an overflow hole, it is in the front, not the back so I did not notic it. I have taken it apart and will try putting it back together better later today, what I don't get is where water would be coming from as it leaks directly under the sink, just a drip, but...
  17. James23912

sprry, trying to edit or delete this but can't, problem not what I thought , sorry
  18. James23912

So my wife's ongoing effort to make my life more difficult is doing fine, she got a bathroom faucet set a while ago and I finally set up a pedestal sink, everything seemed fine for a few days but today got a small drip from directly on the bottom/underside sink downspout where I put in a rubber...
  19. James23912

Creating a PEX-A Manifold for Home Water Line

I am no plumber but in my new house I used a Sioux Chief copper set up with pex, no problems so far, makes it much easier for a do it yourselfer
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks