Search results

1. Macska

What exactly is the inspector looking for?

What are the exact things that an inspector will check upon viewing the completed plumbing. Will the inspector always require a pressure test for replacement of old pipes?
  2. Macska

Massachusetts plumbing questions

1. I understand that codes generally require a minimum clearance in front of and from side to side of a toilet. I have been unable to find anything like this in the Massachusetts building codes. Can someone point me in the right direction. 2. Similarly, does Mass. have a requirement that...
  3. Macska

crystal ball needed for old Boston home

We are going to change the toilet. I have no idea whether the waste pipe (which is the original 1929 cast iron) is 3" or 4". Was either of these the preferred type used in the Boston area during the late 20s? Obviosuly, I will know once we get the toilet off, but since this a new activity for...
  4. Macska

will extreme cold harm toilet?

I bought a toilet last fall, with the full intention of installing it at the time. That did not happen and the toilet spent the winter (in Massachusetts) in an unheated garage. Is this something that might damage the toilet, like casue an internal crack that would not be visible? I don't want...
  5. Macska

Looking for Diagram for Toilet Installation

Never mind. Don't know how I missed the original thread in the first place. :o
  6. Macska

old tub & shower door

I have a 1929 cast iron bathtub. The edge of the tub is rounded somewhat (it's not as extreme as a roll-top tub). The wall surrounding the tub is tile. Can I install a shower door? My concern is that the bottom track won't fit snugly against the edge of the tub? Thanks
  7. Macska

Corner toilets

Has anyone had any experience with corner toilets from deabath.com or other manufacturers?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks