Search results

1. Beary

Finding Valves

I had this problem last year. I have a heavy steel bar that I used to poke the ground looking for the box. I build some pretty good biceps poking hundreds of holes, but never found and of the valve boxes. I hired a guy just went to a rental store and rented one of those line tracer machines...
  2. Beary

AVG virus protect is crashing my computer

Well I found the Milllinium doesn't have Firewall Protection, but AOL IM does. Is there a way to turn it off the AOL IM without taking it out? Beary
  3. Beary

AVG virus protect is crashing my computer

Hi All I have been using AVG virus protection for a few years now on my Millinium Dell computer. Lastnight we updated to AVG's 7.5 and now I can't bring my computer up unless I turn off the AVG Fire Wall device (AVGFWFD.VXD) in step by step configuration boot up mode. I have sent AVG email...
  4. Beary

Tankless hot water good or bad?

Funny this post came up. I have read a lot of negatives about them as well. My neighbor installed a gas one a year ago and other than the installation being more complicated than expected, it likes it as much as the tank WH it replaced. He is a DIY kind of guy and he had to call someone to...
  5. Beary

Which recessed lighting over pool table?

Thanks everyone for the great replies. The problem is the ceiling fan that is hanging just off one corner of the table. I am considering the idea of the pool table light, but we also have a flat screen TV on one of the walls and the light might get in the way. Still, I am going test it all out...
  6. Beary

I like your kind of thinking! We just bought the house and plan to live in it for a long time. But I know, best laid plans and all that. So I have two thoughts on your question. First, the light is actually almost in the center of the room, so no it won't look goofy. Second, it seems I'm getting...
  7. Beary

Are my recessed lights IC (insulation contact) rated?

No bubble bursting here, I just want an easy and fairly inexpensive way to keep cold air from coming through the cans. Thanks for the help. Beary
  8. Beary

Well, there are two small recessed eyeball lights five feet away for the fireplace and two small recessed lights 10 ft on the other side of the pool table over a bar. There is nothing in the middle of the room over the pool table. I have to turn the dimmers to full on both sets of ligths to get...
  9. Beary

Hi All New question, I have a 10 foot ceiling and I want to put recessed lights over a 8 ft by 4 ft pool table. Should I use two small lights or will one big honkin one work? Is there a formula pros use for such questions? Thanks for any and all advice. Beary
  10. Beary

Thanks for the advice guys. I went to Lowes at lunch and found that I can't tell the difference between IC and none IC cans. I like the idea of replacing just the cans, so I'm thinking in that direction if my lights are not IC rated. We have a lot of recessed lights, so this could be a long...
  11. Beary

Hi All I was replacing a bulb the other day and felt a lot of cold air come from the recessed light can. I went in the attic and noticed that the insulation is placed a few inches a way from the cans. I'm guessing they are not IC rated, but is there a way I can find out? The house was built...
  12. Beary

Can I use two controllers in one system

Removing the valve would solve the problem, is there some kind of code that requires them because I don't see their purpose either. ? I am and engineer and a gaget kind of guy, so I like the wireless idea. I found some pictures that will kind of show you what I'm talking about. Even if...
  13. Beary

I guess. But that means I have to dig a 150 ft more trench. OK, I don't know how to draw a diagram on a forum, but I will try it in words. My main sprinkler valve was installed about three feet after the city water meter in the front yard. From there, walk about 120 ft into my back yard...
  14. Beary

No tank or pressure switch. All my water pressure comes from the city.
  15. Beary

I have a faucet with one of those garden valve timers on it. Presently what I do is turn of the faucet, set the timer to one hour, then walk about 200 ft to turn on the main valve by hand. The timer prevents the pool from over filling incase I get caught up in a game or something. Sometime after...
  16. Beary

Thank you Valveman, :D that was the imformation I needed. I am not good with low voltage electronics and I wasn't sure if I could do that with another controller in the system, and I wasn't sure is most valves use the same voltage. Now I'm kind of excited to try your suggestion out. First I...
  17. Beary

This is the problem. I'm not adding a valve, I just want to activate the main valve on the old system so I can get water to my faucet. As it is right now, the faucet is 200 feet away from the main valve. The only way I can use the faucet right now is walk 200 ft. and open it manually. In a...
  18. Beary

Hi All I installed a pipe from my sprinkler system to add water to the pool. My problem is I have to turn on the main sprinkler valve by hand to get water to the pool because I don't have any zones left on the present 10 zone controller. I'm thinking of just adding a second controller by the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks