Search results

1. Roger Striffler

New pump, can't maintain pressure

There is faucet on the system (though I don't really use it) - so that explains the presence of the tank in the old system. There is a check valve on the inlet pipe, I did prime the pump before starting it initially, and the pump seems to hold a prime, so I think we're good there. I suspect...
  2. Roger Striffler

Thanks for the reply! I went with the pump + tank setup, because the original system that died had both a pump and a tank. I thought the tank was required to maintain pressure. I'm surprised, since the reviews of that pump have several people very happily using it for their sprinkler systems...
  3. Roger Striffler

I've recently replaced my sprinkler system pump with a 1 HP shallow well pump from Harbor Freight. The pump turns on, runs and seems so far to maintain a prime. The problem is, it does not build any pressure; the pressure gauge stays at zero and only one sprinkler head runs. I also have an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks