Search results

1. User2342

Pump seems to be losing prime while on

I can't, but I have a cap on the side of the casing. When I removed that I can hear it sucking air right before I lose the water so I think I must be over drawing my well. The top of the casing where the suction pipe comes out isn't air tight. If I seal that, would the low pressure that will...
  2. User2342

The foot valve is about 16ft down (about 2ft above bottom of well) with the water line about 5ft down. When you say running out of water, do you mean that my pump is pulling water out of the well faster than it can replace itself? If that's the case, is my best option a smaller pump?
  3. User2342

I have a 1hp jet pump that is pumping up from a shallow well. The well is about 20ft deep and water ranges from 5-10ft down. I have a foot valve at the bottom of the suction pipe and a check valve above ground in front of the pump. Discharge side goes to irrigation system and pressure tank...
  4. User2342

Pump can't produce consistent water?

I only use it for the irrigation system with most zones having 4 heads at 2GPM each. I did try throttling it with the ball valve, but i wasn't able to get it in the sweet spot of GPM. I guess I'll keep trying to tinker with it. Thanks for the help.
  5. User2342

Pump can't produce consistent water?

I have a shallow well (20' deep) for irrigation with water about 10 feet down. It's produced 5-8 GPM since I bought the house and I suspected I had a crack in my suction line. I replaced the suction line and now get much better GPM momentarily for 15-20s, but then it looses prime for a minute...
  6. User2342

Shallow Well Config

Thanks for the response. I forget the actual numbers, but water was only 8-12ft down and the well was less than 25ft deep. I checked before replacing the jet pump. There was a gate valve on the pressure side that I eventually partially closed which stopped the "marbles in the pump" sound so...
  7. User2342

Shallow Well Config

Good afternoon, I purchased a house last year with a shallow well for irrigation that hadn't been used for years. I was able to get the whole system working, but never got great GPM and dealt with cavitation issues. I'm hoping to do better this summer and think my issue may be how he had the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks