Search results

1. ddton

Lubricant choice

Hello, I have a Kohler Fairfax style single handle kitchen faucet which no longer pivots smoothly when adjusting flow rate. I disassembled it, cleaned and lubed the faucet O-ring with silicon grease to solve the problem of sticking when swinging the faucet left/right. I cannot get any of this...
  2. ddton

Soldering Iron Recommendations

I've tinkered in electronics for many years. I love my Weller WES51 adjustable temp soldering station. Reasonably priced. Has many well priced replaceable tips.
  3. ddton

Black smeary spots in bathtub

Reach4, my Rheem has a separate anode connection, I read the manual and visually saw the hex head on the top of the tank. I've read other threads that discourage the ball based trap, other problems were experienced. I've no experience myself, so will let others chime in. thanks for quick...
  4. ddton

phog, thanks for this. Pls see the pic I attached, is it the circular black disk that is the source of the problem being referred to ? Assuming your answer is yes, some questions then: 1. Is this a problem affecting only the WH outlet side ? It makes sense that as hot water flows, rubber...
  5. ddton

Reach4, no braided lines feeding the tub. Only PEX/brass in the plumbing system. There are braided lines in the tub faucet itself, but these are AFTER the inlet strainers. When inspecting the strainers, I made note of their removal. Black rubbery debris was on the upstream side of the...
  6. ddton

Hello all: I had a Rheem natural gas water heater installed 3 years ago, to replace a rental tankless heater. This new heater has performed flawlessly. However, for about 5 months, every bath results in smeary black specs being deposited on the bathtub surface after it is drained. These...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks