Search results

1. HuffAZ

Water softener/filter set up

I cannot recommend any of the box store soft water units. Find a reputable company either locally or with reasonable shipping distance. Go with a softener based on a Fleck or Clack controller. Look for systems that use separate brine tanks, not all in ones. For tanks I prefer Pentair made in...
  2. HuffAZ

Hard choice on Rheems... looking for insight.

I installed the Rheems Hybrid 50 gallon from Home Depot a few months ago. It has a water sensor that will shut off the water line, set off an alarm and send an alert to your phone. The Rheems conventional heaters I believe have the same feature. Install with a pan underneath and place the...
  3. HuffAZ

Replacing 20 year old electric water heater

I have a bad back, ruptured disk and respiratory issues. But with help from my wife and niece was able to roll our new 50 gallon hybrid from car into garage. If it had to go anywhere else, up stairs etc. I would have hired someone. Everything else was fairly simple to get done myself.
  4. HuffAZ

Resolved. New sink faucet causing dishwasher water hammer.

Quick update. I changed the PEX-C faucet lines to steel braided hoses and installed a hammer arrestor on the hot line inlet at the dish washer. No more hammer noise. Thanks to all suggestions!
  5. HuffAZ

Which way to turn this faucet valve?

I've sprayed a bit of penetrating oil on mine and it usually works to free them.
  6. HuffAZ

What washer are you referring to? The faucet PEX tubing connects to the angle stop using a nut and nylon ferrule. The angle stop has two ports. One for the faucet and another going to the dishwasher. Only the line to the faucet was replaced. Old line was steel braided hose, new line is PEX.
  7. HuffAZ

Have you had good luck with this particular arrestor? Reviews are generally good but 10-15% have said they fail within a few months. There are quite a few brands, sharkbite, oatey etc. All have mixed reviews. I supposed for $20 or so not a lot of risk in trying it.
  8. HuffAZ

That could explain it. The old faucet used steel braided rubber hoses. New faucet uses PEX-C tubing.
  9. HuffAZ

Thought the more common issue is a single bang when the dishwasher shuts water off and these mini-resters were to solve that. The issue I have is a constant banging for at least 30 seconds or so. I haven't let it continue longer so not sure. Any idea why changing the faucet would cause this...
  10. HuffAZ

Lived in house for 15 year without issue. Installed new kitchen sink faucet and disposer. Now have what sounds like water hammer when dishwasher runs. Opening faucet stops the noise. Hot water line under sink T's to connect to faucet and dishwasher. Line running to dishwasher was not...
  11. HuffAZ

New softener, water level very high after regen

I'll contact the vendor Monday to go over proper settings. After reading a bit I assume the float valve is only there as a safety and the actual fill amount is based on time and BLFC of the valve. Didn't know that! I'll have to find out from my vendor what BLFC is used.
  12. HuffAZ

I'm new to softeners but learning. Why would any of the settings effect the brine tank level? It should be controlled by the shut off valve in the tank I thought. I have a 5800sxt. 1.5cf resin, Hardness is 20, BF is set to 22 (Do not know BLFC).
  13. HuffAZ

Just finished installing new softener. Ran it thru its first regen. Everything seemed to work as expected except for the brine fill. It filled the tank 2/3 full. About 3" below the overflow line. This is a brand new Pentair 14x14 brine tank. It is my understanding it should fill 6-12" deep...
  14. HuffAZ

Hach 5B understanding results

Testing water before installing softener. At 15 drops sample changed blue. After about 10 seconds it changed back to pink. Each drop added after that resulted in same result. Blue, then back to pink after a 10 seconds or so. Stayed blue at 20 drops. Swirled after each drop added. So what...
  15. HuffAZ

Fleck 56SXT vs 5600SXT

Haven't heard many complaints on the 5600. Haven't seen anyone around here carry a water softener with the 2510. Usually the 5600 for smaller systems 1cf resin and the 7000 for larger.
  16. HuffAZ

Fleck 56SXT vs 5600SXT

Doesn't Pentair own Fleck? Pentair's website lists the 56SXT. House has a softwater loop plumbed. Connections are 3/4"
  17. HuffAZ

Fleck 56SXT vs 5600SXT

Currently shopping for a water softener. The controller appears to be a Fleck 56SXT. Most seem to talk about the 5600SXT. What is the difference between them? Any recommendations for a water softener supplier in Phoenix, AZ area?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks