Search results

1. Martina

UPDATED: Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor Question

Thank you for all your suggestions! I have limited attic access, but am able to make a small opening in the upper corner of the wall to drill through the top plate from below. I've had a similar scenario recently and that approach worked flawlessly. Will conduct a continuity check though to...
  2. Martina

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I truly appreciate your time and efforts to help. To answer your question above, after replacing the breaker, the breaker connection remained hot and did not trip anymore, however, starting at the point of entry in the attic all the way down to the...
  3. Martina

Thanks for asking. The issue remains unsolved. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  4. Martina

UPDATE: Still unsolved, but I now have some additional information: 1. There is nothing wrong with the receptacle itself. I disconnected it and noticed that the 12/2 in and of itself has no power. 2. I replaced the breaker at the main panel today to see if perhaps that was the problem. After...
  5. Martina

Neutral Wire's Plastic Insulation Turned Brown

Yes, Sir, I did remove the label and supplied the downstream receptacles from the LOAD terminals.
  6. Martina

Hi Wayne, It appears my initial posting did not provide enough clarification as other users have also wondered about the conversion of a GFCI to a standard outlet. My apologies. The circuit was modified with the addition of two new receptacles, one of which became first in line and now serves...
  7. Martina

Thank you for your reply. Based on the wiring in the attic, this is a singular circuit. It originated in the main breaker panel and connected directly to our garage GFCI. From there it branches off into two directions to supply power to all five exterior receptacles. Would that be considered...
  8. Martina

Thank you so much for your feedback! To clarify, the GFCI is located in our garage and feeds the entire exterior circuit. I since added two new receptacles to the same circuit in our garage, one of which is now a GFCI because it is the first receptacle in line. The old GFCI is thus no longer...
  9. Martina

Hello, everyone! I recently added two receptacles to a 20 amp circuit which changed the order of the GFCI. I decided to replace the old GFCI (that's now in the middle of the run) with a standard receptacle. As I opened the GFCI today, I was met with an unusual picture. Rather than seeing your...
  10. Martina

Wiring Question

Coming through for me once again, Wayne! THANK YOU! With regards to the junction box- it will actually be located in the attic and prevent me from having to fish a new wire down to the GFCI (the one that will be replaced with a standard outlet). There are currently three 12/2 wires running...
  11. Martina

Wiring Question

Me again... :) After mapping a couple of circuits in our garage, I realized that one had a pretty decent load on it already, so I had to find an alternate source of power to tap into for the addition of two new receptacles above our garage workbench. I found one that I hope may be suitable...
  12. Martina

GFCI Wiring Question

Great point as we did experience issues with tripping in the past, especially during the winter. I have since installed bubble covers on all the exterior outlets and things have been quiet since then. Thanks for your input! Martina
  13. Martina

GFCI Wiring Question

Thank you for your prompt reply and all the additional information! Always learning something new. :) Have a great week, Wayne!
  14. Martina

GFCI Wiring Question

Hello, everyone! I was mapping our exterior home circuit today to see about adding additional outlets and came across and unfamiliar wiring scenario that I’d like to get some clarification on. The entire 20-amp circuit consists of six receptacles (one GFCI located inside our garage and five...
  15. Martina

SOLVED: Conduit Configuration

Wayne, thank you so much for your time and valuable input. You've gone above and beyond to help me and I've learned a lot from you in the process. I'm now down to evaluating all of the different ideas and then make a decision as to which way to proceed. Thanks again and have a good evening...
  16. Martina

Unfortunately, my diagram did not reflect the proper location of the panel. In actuality, it is much further down to the left (see attachment # 1). I also attached an exterior shot of that same wall to give you a better idea. Introducing a new circuit would be ideal, but I'm afraid I'd have to...
  17. Martina

Wayne, Once again thank you for your time and valuable feedback. I've never heard of plugmold and actually had to research it. Brilliant idea and one that I am now seriously considering. The cabinets are located on an exterior wall, so there is no living space behind it. Although possible, I...
  18. Martina

Thank you so much for that information. I appreciate it.
  19. Martina

UPDATE: After much consideration, I bit the bullet and removed the wall cabinets providing me with the needed access to drill through the top plates from below. I ended up purchasing a Dewalt Right Angle Drill Adapter for about 20 bucks (That little guy is a beast!) and used it in conjunction...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks