Search results

1. ktornquist

Okay to blow out sprinklers through Backflow?

Maybe this one directly into the open side of the tee: https://www.sharkbite.com/products/threaded-adapter
  2. ktornquist

Looking at a tee like this to use at the first joint and then a small stub to the left for an air fitting. Still unsure what air fitting to use when looking at the sharkbite site. https://www.sharkbite.com/products/brass-push-tee-0 Hope I can get enough slope on pipe. Have to go either over...
  3. ktornquist

Thanks for the info. The last three years we’ve had the company that installed this drip line come out to winterize. They always used the testcocks, but it sounds like that isn’t right. Sharkbites meet code and hold up in weather? I’ve sweat copper before but would prefer to go easy route...
  4. ktornquist

I was wondering about that. The previous owners had this drip installed prior to us. But it seemed odd.
  5. ktornquist

Going to piggy back off of this thread. I posted in the irrigation forum, but haven't received any feedback. Hoping you all can help me in here. I have done some YouTube and forum research, but cannot find anything specific to my situation so I wanted to get your input here. We have a small...
  6. ktornquist

Single Valve Drip Line - Winter Blow-out

Hello, I have done some YouTube and forum research, but cannot find anything specific to my situation so I wanted to get your input here. We have a small, single zone drip line system for our back yard flower beds. Over the last several years, I would just pay the company that installed it to...
  7. ktornquist

Moen “Eva” Roman Bath Faucet - Rises with Water On

Hi All, I’ve got a question I’m hoping you all can help me with after scouring the manuals and parts lists online for the last hour. We gave our girls a bath tonight in the larger master tub that has the Moen “Eva” Roman faucet. We had both hot and cold water on and noticed when they were...
  8. ktornquist

Apollo EXV Valve at Hot Water Heater Cold Supply

Quick update, the water coming into the house was only about 65 psi. I switched out the expansion valve portion of the entire valve and it is working now like it should. Sounds like long term solution would an expansion tank or replacing this every several years.
  9. ktornquist

Alright, dumb question, I found this document on Ferguson, which lists different part numbers for the Apollo repair kits. Which kit would I select? https://api.ferguson.com/dar-step-service/Query?USE_TYPE=INSTALLATION&PRODUCT_ID=4272680
  10. ktornquist

So this morning, I shut-off the valve and pulled the control valve. The seat didn't look dirty, but I wiped it all own and placed it back in. It looks like it is still dribbling when the hot water heater isn't heating. I will go the route of the pressure gauge to see what is running in the...
  11. ktornquist

Reach/Jim, Thank you for the info. The house is fairly new (built end of 2015) so I can only assume it was built to code. From the information you've provided, it sounds like you would either have an expansion tank or one of these thermal expansion valves. A few questions: - From my...
  12. ktornquist

Hi, I am hoping you all can help me understand a bit more about the valve that I have upstream of the hot water heater along the cold water supply line. It is a shut-off valve, but has a barb with polytube connected (goes to floor drain) that I am not familiar with. I assume it is some kind of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks