Search results

1. Scott Olsson

Check a rough bath plan, please

I'm an over builder too. Does 3" make it drain appreciably better or just decrease the chance of a clog?
  2. Scott Olsson

That's what I want to hear! They are going under the joists for the addition. The pipes on the main floor will stay between the joists, but there isn't much to do there. Pax.
  3. Scott Olsson

Sanitary Tee on it's back

Wow, Terry. That video was instructive and, well, horrifying at the same time. Yeah, I think I'm going to fix the horizontal san tee I found...
  4. Scott Olsson

This perspective view has the same position as the plumbing plan, so it might make things a little clearer... but I'll still try and improve the drawing.
  5. Scott Olsson

Quick answers to your questions (with a better drawing soon): This is a second floor addition that will drain with 3" pipe down to the main floor bathroom drain, connecting into a 3" stack. The second floor addition is not directly above the main floor (it's above an added garage adjacent to...
  6. Scott Olsson

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed... I'll make some better drawings now.
  7. Scott Olsson

Okay, (fingers crossed), this looks like I maybe fixed everything...
  8. Scott Olsson

I still need to vent the shower, because you can't have a toilet upstream of a wet vent (I think).
  9. Scott Olsson

Here I think I've fixed the washer drain. Does the 1.5" vent on the small lav count as a wet vent for the shower? Or do I still need to vent the shower?
  10. Scott Olsson

Vent locations

I think this is a dumb question, but I learn a lot from dumb questions: does it matter whether a vent is above or below a fixture? If so, why? Thanks.
  11. Scott Olsson

No, I think I see now that the washer has to come in below the shower, otherwise the shower's vent is a wet vent with a washer on it, which isn't allowed. Right?
  12. Scott Olsson

Say the washer comes in right below the red vent.
  13. Scott Olsson

Thanks! Probably a dumb question, but is the red vent here not a dry vent? I thought it was since water would never pass through it. Pax.
  14. Scott Olsson

Would I have a better chance of getting some help if I simplified my question a bit? I realize this is asking for a lot of help and there is probably a lot wrong with this...
  15. Scott Olsson

Horizontal offsets in soil stacks

I'm asking because I don't see how I could connect an addition drain back to the building drain without introducing a large horizontal offset. I would not be venting with the waste stack (venting through the addition roof is not a problem).
  16. Scott Olsson

Obviously there are details to figure out, but am I on the right track? Thanks!
  17. Scott Olsson

How to sleeve an ABS pipe through concrete foundation wall.

Not speaking from knowledge or experience, but I might epoxy the sleeve in place and then caulk the gap around the pipe.
  18. Scott Olsson

How to sleeve an ABS pipe through concrete foundation wall.

I believe you just need to add a sleeve two sizes larger than your pipe and caulk the gap. Normally I believe the sleeve would be cast-in. (Warning: This isn't experience or knowledge speaking, but I think that's what my book is telling me...!) Pax.
  19. Scott Olsson

Urinals emptying into waste stack vents

Why is it not okay to have a urinal empty into a waste stack vent? Is it because of the amount of water they discharge? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks