Search results

1. Charlie Bosco

Dishwasher Tailpiece has stem too low after new undermount sink and granite top install

Ok so I am still battling a kitchen sink wall drain that is too high and I am not planning to rip into the walls as it runs horizontally through the walls behind the cabinets. So wife and I decided to forgo the garbage disposal since the new sink can be plumbed and still fit. Till I got to the...
  2. Charlie Bosco

Help lowering my Kitchen sink drain.

So we are upgrading our counter tops to Granite and going with an undermount sink that is deeper than the existing stainless drop in that we have. With he garbage disposal drain being just about an inch higher than the wall drain it just makes it. The new sink will be almost 2 inches deeper...
  3. Charlie Bosco

Is this media or is this from my well?

Hey all. Is this media or sand from my well? I have my water treatment backwash into the pvc pipe in the photo that takes it about 12 feet to the back of my pump house. I have an AIO Katalox tank, a Catalytic Carbon tank and a kinetico softener. None of the media in those tanks looks like this...
  4. Charlie Bosco

Anyone with experience with Tec Innovators

So I had a catastrophic failure of an empty filter housing that I was using to introduce Chlorine into the line to sanitize my Katalox tank every so often. Apparently chlorine destroys the plastic and blew the bottom out. This in turn flooded my storage shed that houses my water system. It blew...
  5. Charlie Bosco

Toto Ultramax has a water line buildup. Why and how to remove without ruining the CEFIONTECT surface

So brand new Toto 4 months ago in a newly remodeled bathroom. Well Water, Katalox, Carbon, then Softened to 0 (instant blue on the Hach b5 kit). I cannot tell if its a raised surface or an etched surface.. I should have gotten that before I posted.. I gambled and folded up a paper towel and...
  6. Charlie Bosco

Do I need to lower my Toilet Flange? Toto resting on the flange

I am assuming it needs to get lowered but I want to hear the experts here before I cut anything. Sorry I posted before but I am starting a new thread since I need immediate help here.. Installing a new Toto Ultramax II. I cleaned the existing flange all. The bathroom is Mexican Tile so very...
  7. Charlie Bosco

Why do I still see some white spots after Softening?

I have well water. Goes through a Katalox tank and then to a Catalytic Carbon Tank to a Kinetico Softener. When I test my water with a Hach test kit its perfect. I fill the vial with test water and drop the powder in it, the water turns immediately blue.. That supposedly indicates perfectly soft...
  8. Charlie Bosco

Where is the best place to order a Toto Ultramax II MS604124CEFG#01 (new version)

Just finished a remodel in the master bath with this toilet.. LOVE it so much that I want another for the other bath. Apparently the new model has a hole for the butt spray.. Who has the best pricing.. PM please if its not allowed to be posted.. :)
  9. Charlie Bosco

Need to lower toilet flange Which Reamer is best?

So my home was built in 1974. It seems that the distance from the toilet flange was 14" back then. Also when I moved in I replace the existing toilet immediately with a cheapo Glacier Bay just because the old one was so gross.. For whatever reason then old toilet sat flush on the floor tile. But...
  10. Charlie Bosco

Need an Oil Rubbed Bronze replacement for this Shower Valve. I think its American Standard

Hi all, I am trying to replace this nasty trim on my shower with an Oil Rubbed Bronze replacement. I think this is an American Standard Valve and pretty old. Hoping to get suggestions. Also, this shower stall still has the tub spout from a "Lazy" Remodel before we bought this house. I'd like to...
  11. Charlie Bosco

Emergency Shallow Well Water Pump Bypass Ideas

Hi all, I have a shallow water pump for my home. Its on an emergency generator so I always have power. My concern is if the pump dies at a very inconvenient time, I'd like to have a quick bypass solution till I can have someone out to replace the pump. My thought is to shut the main water off...
  12. Charlie Bosco

Brand New Signature 3 Way Shower Diverter sending water to all outlets. HELP

Hi All, I have a bath remodel going on and the guys (Plumbers) are struggling with a brand new Signature brand 3 Way Shower Diverter. All the pipes are going to the right place. When they turn it on, water is coming from both the wall and the ceiling heads. They assumed it was a bad cartridge...
  13. Charlie Bosco

Best Cartridge Filter for for Well Water with Heavy Sulfur

I am using my RV on Property for for showers during a bathroom remodel. The only water that reaches the RV on the property is Well Water that smells awful. So far I have made a little treatment system from an extra GE Whole house filter and an inline Camco (Typical RV USE) KDF/Carbon filter...
  14. Charlie Bosco

12" Toilet still 2" from wall. House built in 1974

So, I am in the middle of doing a bath remodel and I am choosing a new toilet. Upon measuring my existing toilet I realized they are both 2" from the wall.. I installed some interim toilets that were just standard 12" and never really noticed the space. But now it jumps out at me.. I did read...
  15. Charlie Bosco

Help me DE-STINK my Water Softener

***EDIT Issue Resolved in Post #4 *** So if you have followed my journey to clean well water (NO More H2S smell) I finally got to the point where after the water passes through the Katalox and then to the Carbon Tank, its Perfect.. I test regularly from a port after each tank. After that it...
  16. Charlie Bosco

Remodeling this Bathroom am I getting over quoted?

I called a local bath and kitchen remodeling place and sent them this photo. Is a 5x11 Bathroom. When I spoke them about an estimate for a complete remodel they blew me away with just the estimate to replace the tub with a shower stall and nothing else. She made it sound like rocket science...
  17. Charlie Bosco

Sanitize Pipes.. Please check my procedure.

So now that I finally have my water under control (High H2S) Its perfect coming out of my treatment. Katalox to Carbon to water Softener to house. My test ports confirm perfect water coming after carbon filter. The pipes were so polluted for years before we moved in. Even with the clean water...
  18. Charlie Bosco

Need to move a toilet mounted a Concrete slab Floor

I plan to remodel my bathroom and have to move the toilet over a good 12". The idiot who ran the original flange had the toilet literally 8-10" away from the side of the tub.. Anyway, how big or pain in the arse job is this? Am I going to get raped by a local contractor/plumber to do this? Or...
  19. Charlie Bosco

Can I add Sanitizer through the Air Injection port on my 2510sxt AIO

I have a Katalox tank that is treating sulfur from my well. No iron. After the Katalox I flow through a Catalytic carbon tank. I like to freshen the Katalox tank about once a week with a chlorine hit. I put about a dozen 1" Chlorine tabs in an empty filter housing before the Katalox tank and...
  20. Charlie Bosco

Is there any way to introduce air into the Backwash cycle on my Katalox Filter?

I noticed that my Katalox filter occasionally needs to be hit with a dose of Chlorine during a back wash to restore its H2S eliminating capabilities.. I confirm this by regularly testing the water from a port right after the filter. This had me thinking.. WTF does backwash really do here other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks