Search results

1. Maxforwardspeed

Do I need to redo this crimp?

They installed it to make it easier for collecting an untreated water sample, before the softener. He kept referring to it as a boiler valve, which like @Reach4 said I thought was threaded with a much more "heavy duty" appearance. I don't really care what's there, as long as it doesn't blowout...
  2. Maxforwardspeed

I called the company and asked if a supervisor could look at the picture. They sent out a crew right away to replace the fitting. Now I'm curious: They are using a basic supply valve in place as a boiler valve. I wonder if there's anything wrong with that since this is tapped right after the...
  3. Maxforwardspeed

It's 7/16 from the bottom stop of the fitting.
  4. Maxforwardspeed

Had a pro over to install a new water heater and just noticed this crimp (6 months later).....Looks not that great to me, but it's been like that for 6 months now. Does it look ok to leave it as is since it's been solid for half a year now?
  5. Maxforwardspeed

Where should I put my carbon filter?

So the carbon filter goes before the softener to reduce the chlorine going into the resin, right? Our water is chlorinated, even though it's a municipal well.
  6. Maxforwardspeed

Actually I also found a city-generated report from 2019. I thought there may be a chance that the smells in the water could be from iron related bacteria because we also see an orange-pink water ring that forms in toilet bowls after a few weeks. But, the water is chlorinated from the city, so...
  7. Maxforwardspeed

So it sounds like the heavy duty carbon cartridge won't help my situation at all. I had an untreated water quality analysis done a few months ago when we replaced our water heater and this is what they came up with:
  8. Maxforwardspeed

That sounds like a great solution for sanitizing your well, but unfortunately it's a community shared well that is delivered through a metered city connection. I've tried sanitizing the softener brine tank with bleach as the manual suggested but it didn't change anything.
  9. Maxforwardspeed

Community well. Total dissolved solids after the softener is very high, around 450ppm. Also water has an odd smell. Trying to eliminate that aspect more than anything, and assumed the best place to install the carbon would be after the softener. We have an under sink RO for drinking water so...
  10. Maxforwardspeed

Trying to figure out the best location to put in my 20" carbon filter. I know it needs to go after the softener and before the water heater, but there isn't much room directly above the softener. I'm thinking the best thing to do is put it to the left of my water heater so it will be easiest to...
  11. Maxforwardspeed

Sump pump float switch siezed - replace the pump?

My Zoeller M53 has been working great for 15 years, and my water level alarm was going off this morning. The float wasn't able to pull the switch up to activate the pump. Looks like I can get a new switch for about$100 or replace the entire pump for about $200. I'm sure the brine discharge from...
  12. Maxforwardspeed

GE Softener - what's this yellow residue?

This softener is 5 years old and the resin tank sits inside of the salt reservoir. Just noticed a lot of condensation on the resin tank and a yellow slime film that doesn't smell good but wipes off easily. Also the laundry doesn't smell as clean as it used to, but could this be related?
  13. Maxforwardspeed

Water looks better BEFORE softener?

Actually I think the filter cartridge has a 10gpm max, but I see in the product specs that the housing itself is listed as 4gpm max. But the 20" non-clear has a 20gpm housing and filter cartridge max... Now I'm torn, haha
  14. Maxforwardspeed

Nice, yeah that's the one I was looking at today. My only hesitation is the impact it will have on my water pressure. I know it advertised up to 10gpm, but what if your max before installing is 8gpm, does that mean it wouldn't get decrease any further?
  15. Maxforwardspeed

Leak from threads on TPR fitting

I forgot to mention that I added a recirc line to get to the farthest run in the house, and that itself has been an amazing improvement. Used to take forever to get hot water on that side of the house, but now it's only a few seconds... awesome.
  16. Maxforwardspeed

Leak from threads on TPR fitting

Alright I put the Navien to the test today, and it did better than I expected after all that I read. With three showers running simultaneously it was only running at 51% heating capacity. The inlet temp was 49°F and the outlet was 130°F, and this was after a 15 minute continuous run. I didn't...
  17. Maxforwardspeed

Thanks, yes I am close to Menards so I'll check those out.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks