Search results

1. NPRhomeowner

New irrigation install

Hey there everyone So since my last post I had to replace an old galvanized service line and I went with poly. In the process I added in a tee for my irrigation system to run on city water. Before I move ahead I just want to make sure my plan to plumb in the PVB is sound. The poly...
  2. NPRhomeowner

Need help with irrigation well

It doesn’t tee. That wording was my mistake. It just elbows down into the ground. I may save the pump and use it as a booster for the service line. I think I was getting like 12-15 gpm at the hose bib and I’d like more so I need fewer zones.
  3. NPRhomeowner

I’m back with a progress report. So I got the pump hooked up and no water. I traced that pipe back and it just t’s down further into the ground. I don’t know if I should keep digging or if it’s a safe bet that this isn’t a well. Thanks again everyone
  4. NPRhomeowner

So I went ahead and bought the pump the orange store had in stock. In doesn’t get great reviews and it’s not my long term choice - just something to test out this pipe. Is there anything I should caution before trying it? Will the pump burn out if the pipe doesn’t go to the well or if it’s no...
  5. NPRhomeowner

If you don’t mind me asking - what pump do you use and what kind of performance are you seeing with it as far as gpm and psi
  6. NPRhomeowner

Thank you all so much for taking time outta your day to help me out. I’ll try the pump and report back sometime next week probably.
  7. NPRhomeowner

There was only one zone of 4 sprinklers for the main part of the front yard. The heads and pipes were in terrible condition so I removed the heads with the intention of starting from scratch. I’ll see if the orange store has anything decent for a self priming pump and see what happens. If it...
  8. NPRhomeowner

Any recommendations for a pump? I accidentally got water in the pipe and it does fill up and hold water. Should I follow the pipe back and attempt to find the seal or casing?
  9. NPRhomeowner

It looks like that. There’s also a thick wire that runs from that rusty thing, under the galvanized pipe, and back towards the house. If you guys think it’s not worth messing with I’ll bury it and just tie into the city service line. No one else in my area seems to have an irrigation system. The...
  10. NPRhomeowner

This is on the wall directly above the pipe
  11. NPRhomeowner

It’s an elbow. All around and below the pipe is free of obstruction.
  12. NPRhomeowner

Good suggestion and I hadn’t thought to try that. The pump is gone. He said he removed it 3-4 years ago. He said it was above ground so I’m thinking maybe a jet pump kind of deal. I’m not sure what that rusty thing is. There’s no concrete where I’m digging but there was an annoying packed down...
  13. NPRhomeowner

Adding another photo for clarity
  14. NPRhomeowner

i recently moved into a house that supposedly has an irrigation well. According to the previous owner he cut out the pump and gave me a roundabout idea where the pump was installed. I’m attempting to attach a photo of what I found in the area. The pvc pipe appears to have been cut with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks