Search results

1. Arseniy M

If you own, install, or service Navien equipment...

Yes! All great minds think alike. NKB080N is one of the boilers that I'm considering. Very nice boiler, albeit significantly more expensive than NHB-080 or UFT-80. Also, Lochinvar is pretty adamant about piping it primary/secondary. Right now half of me wants to go that route, but the other...
  2. Arseniy M

If you own, install, or service Navien equipment...

Yes, unfortunately these units with that type of heat exchanger seem to be failing left-and-right. I met this guy Mike from the videos a little over 2 years ago when he was over at my house recommending none other than NCB-240e. Back then I was just another underinformed home owner but...
  3. Arseniy M

Burnham Tankless Coil Leaking

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago with my KV74 (2000). In my case there was a pin hole in the coil leading to pressure rise and relief valve slowly releasing water around 30 psi (as it should). If you choose to replace the gasket, might as well replace the entire coil since the...
  4. Arseniy M

Very low hot water pressure/volume; flushing coils didn't help

I have a very similar setup with oil fired boiler and internal coil for DHW. Only difference is -- no well. Quick suggestion though. Have you tested pressure before the inlet to the coil? I'm sure there is a tee (or a series of tees) leading up to that inlet. For me, there's a tee just...
  5. Arseniy M

Navien NHB-80 vs. HTP UFT-80w.

Would plumbing it primary/secondary alleviate the problem of pressure spike? Also, what commands the primary (boiler) pump to start/stop?
  6. Arseniy M

Do you have it piped direct or primary/secondary?
  7. Arseniy M

Call for DHW, but Navien NHB-150 burner does not turn on

Is you DHW tank set up as an extra zone (not as specified in the NHB manual) or off the stub-outs on the primary loop? How is the DHW pump wired? Are you using their manifold? ODR sensor should play no part in DHW temperature. CH stands for Central Heating.
  8. Arseniy M

HTP UFT 80 heat exchanger leak?

Ugh... Sorry to hear that, man. Again, for me the true test would be if the boiler loses pressure. If you have a shut-off valve just before your pressure reducing valve, I'd shut that off and watch the pressure for a day or two. If it's not dropping, I'd have to call BS on the HX diagnosis...
  9. Arseniy M

I would think that if the heat exchanger was cracked and leaking, you would have been able to notice puddle of water inside the cabinet. Even a few drops would become apparent very quickly. Fingers crossed, hope the HX is ok. Maybe you can shut off the boiler feed and see if pressure drops?
  10. Arseniy M

Here I am planning to install this bad boy. Would be curious to find out what the source of the leak is -- hopefully it's just condensation.
  11. Arseniy M

Hi Dana, Thanks for responding. It is thanks to your articles that I did NOT blindly go with an NCB-240e last year when one Navien installer offered that to me. With a heat loss of just under 30kbtu/h @ 99% design temp, and 5 people in the house that boiler is almost the exact opposite of...
  12. Arseniy M

Hello everyone! After a significant amount of reading/research I'm looking for opinions on the following two mod-con boilers as possible replacements for my existing oil-fired beast: 1. Navien NHB-80 2. HTP UFT-80w The house is a typical Long Island split-level. Currently heated by an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks