Search results

1. Bruce S

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

No. The original WH failed in 2012 (bottom rusted out). It was replaced in 2012 with the current system. So now 8 years old. This is the one that is now thumping. Still produces hot water, but I wonder if I am now living on borrowed time. Is Rheem or Bradford White still the recommended...
  2. Bruce S

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

It's on a well. It does not have an expansion tank. There was not one installed on the original system back in 2001 and the plumber did not even mention installing one for the replacement in 2012. Sorry, I wasn't completely clear in my original post. Seems like every time the burner turns...
  3. Bruce S

I just registered so I could ask for some advice about my own Whirlpool Flame Lock water heater, but after reading some of this thread, I'm thinking I should maybe just replace it with a better quality model. I'm not having any water heating issues, but I do have a consistent thumping sound...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks