Search results

1. sgiorgianni

Is This Shower Trap OK?

Correct, to the left is 2 toilets and another tub.
  2. sgiorgianni

Is This Shower Trap OK?

Would this be better? Leave the trap where it is, put in a vent connection after, and 180* back over to drop to the main. As long as the vent is in before it drops to the main that makes it a safe P-trap, correct?
  3. sgiorgianni

Is This Shower Trap OK?

Water flows to the right so that’s ok, does the coupling have to be shielded above ground? We are on the second floor, the overhang is at the back of the house above the first floor. We will chat with the contractor Monday, see if he can redo it. Any suggestions I can give him on how to run...
  4. sgiorgianni

Is This Shower Trap OK?

The vertical pipe in the background is a vent from the old trap. The trap was cut/capped off and the vent is still open to the 3” main line. We also discussed that 90 wrong elbow, he said it was the only way to make it work with the limited space. To the back of the picture on the other side...
  5. sgiorgianni

Is This Shower Trap OK?

My contractor is trying to figure out how to best run a shower trap. This is what he came up with, he said it should be good. It’s a rough spot to work, the shower is in an overhang and where you see insulation only has that and plywood separating it from the elements and can experience some...
  6. sgiorgianni

Am I A Good Candidate for Boost Pump on Public Water?

OK I have put a pressure/vacuum gauge on the intake to the pump. Also makes it easier to read being oil filled, an unexpected bonus. Did a lot of experimentation, here is my results! -The pump never pulls a vacuum which tells me that the flow from the street is unimpeded. If I drain the...
  7. sgiorgianni

Quick question: Trying to understand vacuum gauges. If I have positive pressure coming into the pump (pressure from the main), will my vacuum be 0? I show some pressure on my gauge on the suction side of the pump, this indicates that I am not “sucking” from the main IE pulling a vacuum...?
  8. sgiorgianni

I will try cleaning the jet nozzle. Water meter and entrance into foundation is right next to the pump itself. The pressure gauge on the meter is right next to the pump, there is no way that there is a restriction between the two. Ill let you guys know, thanks
  9. sgiorgianni

230 volt on a dedicated circuit. I have a gauge right off the meter before the pump, and that one is reading ~30psi. What does it look like when a pump runs out of flow? Does pressure drop to ~0? Is there some other way to tell if it’s the pump or if it’s the supply?
  10. sgiorgianni

Thanks, I got a Cycle Stop Valve and a J10S. I just got it installed but it isn't working that well though. I don't have a check valve. I thought the CSV would act as one and I thought I had one in the pump (Gould J10S)? The pressure builds up to where it's supposed to be and then drops off...
  11. sgiorgianni

Thank you for the info! I did some reading, cancelled my order for the Scala2, and ordered a PK1A kit! Could you guys help me figuring out which pump to get? You recommend a 1hp, that’s a good size? Some charts seem to say 3/4hp, but I’m new at this. When shopping for a pump to boost public...
  12. sgiorgianni

Hello, We have been having trouble with low water pressure since we purchased the house 2 years ago. We are unable to enjoy taking 2 showers at the same time or even take a shower and run the washing machine. We finally replaced the old water softener with a new one (and a piped bypass so we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks