Search results

1. Dr_1400

Sealing waste pipe into septic

I have an off grid camp with a septic located under the camp (not ideal, but not yet able to pay for a new system). We have occasional sewer smell outside the camp after using the toilet, and I believe some may come from the poorly sealed connection between the PVC and septic tank (see pictures...
  2. Dr_1400

Removing nut on sprayer hose

Clueless here - Cannot figure out how to remove this nut on sprayer hose. Any ideas? I am used to a small c clip, can’t find one. Need to remove this to feed hose through the hose guide. Quick connect on the other end, that won’t fit through hose guide either. Any ideas appreciated!
  3. Dr_1400

Help with drain/vent plan for bathroom

In the picture, I've drawn a crude schematic of my off-grid cabin’s plumbing. It’s a simple bathroom – toilet, shower, sink – draining into a septic tank. Nothing else goes into the septic. I’m planning to improve (if only slightly) the waste drains/venting this summer. We have noticed a...
  4. Dr_1400

Cabin bathroom re-do

Hello, Recently bought a cabin on post and beam construction. 1 real small bathroom. Septic tank. Exposed crawlspace. Getting sewer smell periodically. Also get huge whoosh sound when flush toilet on occassion. Siphoning traps of adjacent unvented shower and sink? Want to reconfigure the...
  5. Dr_1400

Sewer smell - inadequate vent?

Hello, Hoping to get some help on eliminating an intermittent sewer smell. Situation is: I own a cabin in the woods of upstate NY. Cabin is on piers, with exposed crawlspace. It’s unoccupied and unheated much of the time. The lone bathroom empties into a septic tank, which is located directly...
  6. Dr_1400

Sprayer replacement

I am replacing a leaking sprayer head on kitchen sink. The replacement nut will not fit over the sprayer hose. Is one of the following correct? 1) Replacement sprayers must be sized correctly (no universal hose diameter) 2) I need to upgrade my old hose to accept a new sprayer head? top pic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks