Search results

1. Thassler

Pumptec under load and water shooting from relief valve

Sounds like your pressure switch stuck closed and the pump did not shut off. The pumptec showing an 'Underload' is usually a dry well condition but I would think a dead headed pump could also cause that.
  2. Thassler

New Square D pressure switch, was perfect 40-60 now 40-52 and unable to raise cut off

The tank pressure should follow your gauge unless the pump quits and the tank empties; then it would read the 38psi you pressurized it at.
  3. Thassler

New Square D pressure switch, was perfect 40-60 now 40-52 and unable to raise cut off

Could the gauge be just hanging at 52? When the gauge reads 52 have you checked the psi at the pressure tank, does it read ~52 also?
  4. Thassler

Low Yield Well - Help!

I've been in about the same situation and went with a storage tank system. Our well was only .5 gpm. We put in a 1500 gallon tank system. You might consider that you will have to maintain another pump system and that you will need a place to house the pump and tank(s) to keep them from freezing...
  5. Thassler

Septic Tank-possible problem.

Sounds like a blockage somewhere in the pipe. I good first check would be the inlet baffle on the septic tank. There should be an access cover directly above it.
  6. Thassler

well water pressure/volume question

Could be you've pumped the water down to the pump intake level and the pump is only giving you what the recovery rate of the well is.
  7. Thassler

two pump switches?

You could use a Franklin Pumptec or Pentek Pumpsaver or similar device to protect the pump. Either device will shut down the pump when it senses a dry well or other electrical condition problem. I've run a Franklin Pumptec for the past 10 years and other than an occasional false trip it has...
  8. Thassler

irrigating pump from creek?

lol - jaybob, have you been working on this project for a year and a half now? :)
  9. Thassler

irrigating pump from creek?

I'm doing about the same with a shallow jet pump. The pump sits 200' away from the creek and about 11' elevation from water level. It works fine for watering the garden but is a PITA to prime come spring. I would much prefer to have a submersible but the spring time flooding would probably take...
  10. Thassler

3yr old SS pump motor corroded AGAIN

Happened upon this on google. A little light reading about corrosion: http://www.groundh2o.org/standards/article_510.pdf
  11. Thassler

Sharing a well

You could meter the power source of the pump.. http://www.powermeterstore.com/
  12. Thassler

running cat6s inside plastic conduit with 120v

Belden makes a Cat5e wire that is 600V AWM-rated. I've been allowed to run that in the same conduit as line voltage in the past. Never over 3ft however. Running data wire parallel with line voltage for 30ft is not a good idea even if it is shielded. In situations like that I've run fiber optic...
  13. Thassler

No water after power failure

It's only there for the user to monitor the pressure.
  14. Thassler

how many lights in a circuit as per code

To calculate your total fixture wattage, you need to go by the mfg's max bulb wattage for that fixture. (i.e. I you are using 50watt bulbs but the fixture is rated for using 75 watt bulbs you need to use the 75watt figure to calculate with.) That said, I always try to stay within 80% or less of...
  15. Thassler

Clawfoot tub water supply - flex?

Shouldn't have. You couldn't get a seal using a female threaded adapter due to the threads on the faucet being straight and not tapered as asktom mentioned. The supply couplings (ells) use a flat washer that seals against the tip of the faucet pipe.
  16. Thassler

I purchased my supply couplings at Signature Hardware out of KY but there are other suppliers...

I purchased my supply couplings at Signature Hardware out of KY but there are other suppliers that specialize in clawfoot tub parts. Just go to 'signaturehardware dot com' and search on "supply couplings".
  17. Thassler

Clawfoot tub water supply - flex?

You can get special supply couplings that will take your 3/4 faucet ends down to a 1/2" IPS male connection so you can then use standard braided faucet supply lines. You can google "clawfoot tub supply couplings". (I'd post a link on where I purchased mine, but I don't think the forum allows?)...
  18. Thassler

No water after power failure

You may have what is called a 'low pressure cut-off switch'. If so there is a little lever on the side of it. Pull up on that lever to the 'start' position and see if the pressure starts to go up. Once the pressure starts to go up to around 30 you can release the lever back to the 'Auto' position.
  19. Thassler

Alternative to permanent Sump Pump

Not sure about that product; if it would work or not. I would probably call someone (plumber maybe) that had access to a commercial drain pipe auger. If that pipe is restricted, that is your problem. The french drains are just holding the water.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks