Search results

1. 1stTimeHomeOwner

BackFlow Preventer Leaking Joints (Copper to PVC)

I just fired up the Sprinkler System and all appears well except for some leaks nears the BackFlow Preventer joints ( please see PVC portion circled) https://ibb.co/3cZGmPN Any suggestions on how to fix this? I came across this video on youtube which seems promising to me...
  2. 1stTimeHomeOwner

1st Time Bathroom Remodel - Advice on Sink/Toilet plumbing connections?

Thank you, I appreciate the response from a fellow Coloradoan. It's intimidating to me because it's new to me and I'm paranoid of any unintended consequences from hacking it up. It sounds like I'm only modernizing and bringing it current. This has been the biggest thing I've learned with DIY...
  3. 1stTimeHomeOwner

Some success. Last night, I finally got around to this project. I was able to replace all 3 (yes, the toilet supply was galvanized) nipples with brass. I had to make some adjustments to slightly re-tighten the nipples and valves once I turned the main water back on to get rid of the leaks. All...
  4. 1stTimeHomeOwner

The nipple connection at the toilet supply line has a threaded connection to the shut-off valve. I'm planning on replacing the braided connection as well as the valve. I will try to clean the nipple up to see what it's made of. As far as the sink connections, the galvanized pipe nipples are 3/8...
  5. 1stTimeHomeOwner

Thanks for the info! I will remove the santee and replace it with a new one. Should the 3/8 galvanized simply be unscrewed from the elbows and replaced with same size 3/8 copper with a threaded connection? I will be sure the connection coming out will allow for a compression shut-off. Does...
  6. 1stTimeHomeOwner

Hello! I'm happy to have found this forum. It has been quite the experience with my first bathroom remodel (learned about tile, drywall, electrical, plumbing/sewer line, etc...). So far, we have been really happy with the results. I'm hoping someone can point in the right direction with the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks