Search results

1. BobD777

Replacing Water Heater: A way to test my sweat joints without filling tank?

Hi-- I had an AO Smith heat pump water heater fail and was provided a new unit by AO Smith. It's pretty straightforward since the plumbing is all in place, and the electrical is no problem as I ran that to the original unit. I'm ready to cut out the old unit, and connect the replacement. I've...
  2. BobD777

Geothermal Radiant Heat Unit Won't Run Troubleshooting

Hey All-- I've got a bunch of Earthlinked DX geothermal units in our house. One of them is a Classic Series that's used for radiant heat in various rooms throughout the house. I love the system, but the company went out of business a couple of years after we did this huge installation--so no...
  3. BobD777

Drip Irrigation without Pressure Reduction?

I just had a drip system installed to water 9 large green giants, and 4 fruit trees--all on one zone--and planted pretty much in a line. The drip tubing goes around each plant a few times. I looked in the valve box and don't see any kind of pressure reducing valves. Considering our water...
  4. BobD777

Lawn Drains to Drywell OK?

I've got a situation where I need to put in some lawn drains in an area of our lawn where water collects from a nearby slope. We just had a patio installed and then had the whole property graded last year, power raked and finished with topsoil. We also planted lawn. However, we've got a good...
  5. BobD777

Hybrid Hot Water Heater, Thermostatic Mixing Valve, Efficiency

I'm installing an AO Smith HPTU-80N hybrid hot water heater and am looking at the pros and cons of adding a thermostatic mixing valve. I see it's recommended for other types of installations, but is there anything that makes using it with a hybrid different? Also, if I understand correctly, the...
  6. BobD777

Hot Water Intermittently Cool

We've been having our hot water intermittently get cool when taking showers. It can last anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes. It may have started around the time our geothermal heating/cooling was installed in 2017. Maybe. In addition to the heating/cooling, I have desuperheaters coming...
  7. BobD777

Installing my own Hybrid Hot Water Heater?

I'm about to purchase a hybrid hot water heater to replace my current Buderus indirect tank that runs off of oil. I'm doing this since after more installed solar panels just yesterday, I now have enough solar to cover this. By doing this I'll be getting off fossil fuels entirely. I put in...
  8. BobD777

Boiler, Leaking pressure relief valve

Thanks in advance for your help on this! I've had a leak in a pressure relief valve coming off the boiler that is now being used only for DHW. I changed the relief valve, but it still leaks. So I'm now thinking about looking at replacing the system's pressure reducing valve (taco 329-3), since...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks