Search results

1. Thomas K

Washer Box Question

Hi! I purchased the Oatey Moda Pex Crimp washer box set (washer valves and drain in separate boxes) and plan to install the supply valve box as shown, at rear of stackable laundry closet. I have room in the side wall for the box containing drain only. I plan to leave this back wall of closet...
  2. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Placement

Stacked dryer sits in the corner where the two roofs meet, back of dryer to the small gable section made up of three boards directly below that soffit vent there. Vent pipe will be solid 4" aluminum. I either have to go straight up through roof with dryer pipe, or use a wall vent somewhere on...
  3. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Sealing

Hi, guys! I may not be in the right forum here, but hope I'm close. I finally decided that best way to vent stacked dryer was straight up through the roof, capping it with a Dryer Jack Model 477 outlet. My question: Is there any way to seal the rotating collars of this Whirlpool 4396006rw...
  4. Thomas K

Stacked Washer/Dryer Vent Up to Code?

I am getting down to brass tacks now with my washer/dryer project. I've decided that maximum space in laundry area will be obtained by furring studs in photo out with 1 x 2"s and recessing dryer vent into stud bay. I will be going with a vertical vent attaching to a DryerJack high efficiency...
  5. Thomas K

Shower Pipe Connection

I am installing a shower bar exactly like the one shown in the photo. Other photos show how plumber installed shower piping behind shower wall. Piping was finished by plumber when we were out of town for the weekend, and I'm wondering if that shower pipe outlet should be placed more like it is...
  6. Thomas K

Washer Box Installation

Hi! I paid plumber to install this washer box for stacked washer/dryer. I'd like to see if anyone sees any code violations here. I don't think that 2" pipe should've gone through vertical stud, but that's what he did. Would it help if I move that washer box farther to right, install a new...
  7. Thomas K

Schluter Jolly Install Question

Hi! I am going to trim out shower niche with Schluter Jolly polished chrome trim and am wanting to make sure this trim can be embedded under the tiles INSIDE the niche rather than the wall tiles, which have already been set. I plan to have the cement board in niche even with outside tiles before...
  8. Thomas K

Joist Drilling Expedition

So here are the 3 1/2" holes the plumber drilled through my 2 x 10 sistered joists. Anyone have any idea what I can use to strengthen these? I thought about using some of the steel plates from joistrepair.com, , which may work on most of these holes, although I'll have to reroute the pex lines...
  9. Thomas K

Rub a Dub Dub Redguard in the Tub

Just to be curious, is there a way to remove a few tiny drips and streaks of Redguard from a Kohler Bellwether cast iron tub, or did my tile man ruin it?
  10. Thomas K

Wet Vent for Bathtub

Hi, guys! If you remember me, I was replacing cast iron piping in split level home. Well, I finally hired a licensed plumber to replumb it all for $1400. Looks like he did an excellent job, using wet venting for two bathroom groups. I am a little curious about the tub drain. He installed a...
  11. Thomas K

Shower Tile Question

I think I have messed up. I hired a guy to tile my shower area. He installed 1/2" Durock on walls, 1/4" Hardieboard on floor, even in cast iron tub area. He is almost finished with the alcove and floor. He even tiled where cast iron tub will sit. He did not tape the wall joints, but did on the...
  12. Thomas K

Shower Tile Question

I think I have messed up. I hired a guy to tile my shower area. He installed 1/2" Durock on walls, 1/4" Hardieboard on floor, even in cast iron tub area. He is almost finished with the alcove and floor. He even tiled where cast iron tub will sit. He did not tape the wall joints, but did on the...
  13. Thomas K

Custom Ripped Wet Wall

Hi! I've hired a tile man to tile our bathroom floor and shower. I am placing a stacked washer/dryer behind the new tub in an area about 35" wide, not counting width of rear tub wall that has yet to be constructed. I am installing washer box with shutoff lever near front of wall for easy access...
  14. Thomas K

Insulation in Ceiling Question

I'm about to install drywall ceiling in bathroom and insulate ceiling. I'm not sure which Owens Corning roll fiberglass insulation is needed. Ceiling joists are 2 x 6. It had blown-in insulation, but I removed it all. Can anyone tell me which thickness and R-rating? I live in Opelika, AL...
  15. Thomas K

Durock Installation Question

Hi! I'm about to install Kohler Bellwether cast iron tub (with ledger board :) ). I am planning on installing 1/2" Durock on the walls and using RedGard to waterproof the board. My question is how do I transition from the Durock to the tub? I think I'm supposed to install the Durock over the tub...
  16. Thomas K

LED Placement Over Twin-Sink Vanity

Hi! I'm planning on installing 3" 3000k LED recessed lights in ceiling over 60" two-sink vanity as well as using sconces at the sides of the two mirrors. Can anyone tell me how many lights I will need overhead? I'm thinking no more than 3, but am not sure. I know spacing from wall should be...
  17. Thomas K

Supply Valve Spacing

Just wondering. I am installing new copper stub outs with PEX supply lines in bathroom tomorrow. Since it's a 35" tall dual sink vanity going in (36" with quartz top), with wide spaced faucets, should the stub outs be spaced accordingly? I mean should each supply valve be directly beneath its...
  18. Thomas K

Adequate Framing?

These photos are not of a basement; they're of lower floor of split level home. None of home is underground. I've been replacing taped up wiring in this room, and am wondering what I need to do here to install new drywall. I removed old, which was covered with paneling, and found bare walls...
  19. Thomas K

Switched Wiring

Hi! I'm replacing some NM wiring that had no ground with newer NM w/ground. I know that on a simple light circuit power went into ceiling box and you had one length of Romex going to switch box, with black and white wires connecting to switch terminals plus a ground wire. Seems to me I read...
  20. Thomas K

Odds Stacked Against Stackable Washer/Dryer

Hi! I have beat my head against a brick wall trying to devise the best way to vent a LG stackable dryer in a closet-sized area of about 34" wide. It will be installed behind the X in photo, in corner of second floor bathroom. The only way I can see doing it is to install a DryerJack (brand name)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks