Search results

1. dzd9fy

Best Bowl Cleaning Model?

I am sure this is a common concern, but in this case it is more than just nice to have. Due to a medical issue, a family member expels (for the lack better way of saying it) a large soft amount that tends to fill the bowl and leave marks. Never a concern with flushing but rather needing to...
  2. dzd9fy

Toto Suggestions for both "volume" and "marks"?

We will be renovating an existing bathroom and looking to replace the original 1950 AS once piece for an obvious multitude of reasons ranging from water consumption [how many gallons?], to performance [more on that later], to color [1950's pink!]. Anyway, the rest of the house has been...
  3. dzd9fy

Replaced Toto 528 Cap and Now Hammering?

After reading through here on leaking fill valves [water would continue to run ever so slightly after flushing], I followed the directions and removed and cleaned the unit. I found a piece of solder stuck in the tube and figured that must have been the problem and thought while I was at it I...
  4. dzd9fy

Basement Floor Drain

What would be a good way to "plug" a floor drain prior to installing carpet in our finished basement? There is a rough 4 1/2" hole in the basement floor [4" concrete slab] over a clay tile that is T-shaped and runs horizontally. The tile has water sitting in it, approximately 8" below the top...
  5. dzd9fy

In-Line Vent vs. Air Admittance Valve?

What is the difference between these two, and what is the recommended use for an S trap in a basement lav? I am looking at the Oatey 3901 In-Line and the Oatey 39016 AAV if that helps..... Thanks!! Oatey 39017 SURE-VENT AIR ADM VALVE, 1-1/2-Inch by 2-Inch, White
  6. dzd9fy

How to cap a floor drain?

. removed post .
  7. dzd9fy

How to adjust bowl water level?

Just replaced the fill valve in our Toto Supreme from the new design valve with the adjustment screw to a Korky 528. Now the water level in the bowl is approximately 2" lower after a flush and the bowl refills. The water level in the tank is 3/4" down from the fill tube so I am not sure what...
  8. dzd9fy

Toto Flapper/ Flange Question

We have two ultramax, one is about 5 years old, the other 1 year. The older one has never had a single issue, but the new one has what I think might be a leak where the flapper and the flange mate together. I think the issue is here as the toilet seems to shut off after a flush then after some...
  9. dzd9fy

Replacing Tub in 48" Opening...Suggestions?

We are planning for the remodel of our original 1950's pink on pink on pink bathroom and are having a hard time finding a tub that would fit within the exisiting opening. The tub to be removed is in a 48 x 48 alcove that is bound on one side by the exterior wall, 90 degrees to that is a...
  10. dzd9fy

Torpedo Sump Pump Continual Cycling

My in laws have a Shellback #10 torpedo sump pump that does what I would call short cycling when it needs to run. In other words, when the water level is high enough to kick the pump on, the motor will violently kick on and kick off ever 1 to 2 seconds and continue this cycling until either the...
  11. dzd9fy

Disposal Draining Options-- 2 Traps?

I am having a problem with the disposal on our double sink, in that water is forced up the drain of the second sink when the disposal is run. Not a great amount, but enough that it is unsightly and makes my wife unhappy. I have tried the end drain design as shown on this sight...
  12. dzd9fy

Fiberglass shower recommendations

In the process of redoing our basement bathroom and thinking of installing a fiberglass or acrylic shower enclosure due to speed and cost. At least I am assuming it is cheaper and quicker?? Anyways, what are the recommendations on manufactures to consider and or to avoid? A quick walk...
  13. dzd9fy

Supreme vs. Ultimate vs. UltraMax

In the process of planning for the next bathroom remodel, and wanted to confirm what I have read elsewhere here on the forum [which by the way is awesome!]. Other than the physical heights, what is the difference between the Supreme, Ultimate and UltraMax? From what I read previously the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks