Search results

1. HereInOhio

Terry Love- cancer update

I’m very sorry and saddened to hear this. Terrys forum tremendously helped me with several remodeling projects as a DIY’er and gave me confidence I was doing it right. I always recommended people to come check it out and talked about how it’s hard to find reliable advice especially for free. As...
  2. HereInOhio

Relief Valve Drain Location

Ok. Unfortunately there is the WH termination box (intake & exhaust) is right where I’m trying to put the sump vent. The WH intake/exhaust is right next to each other so I was hoping there was a way it exhaust that would allow me to put the sump vent closer, possibly sucking from the direction...
  3. HereInOhio

I thought this may be the answer. I was trying to think of why it would have to be separated. My sump is only rain water and up to this point has been open to the basement. For the water heater inlet I would have to believe the air is fine considering it’s allowed to be open. I do realize I’m...
  4. HereInOhio

Resurrecting this: I installed the tankless water heater and vented it through the side of the house. I have the sump pump that I need to put an air tight lid on which needs vented. I would like to vent it out right next to the WH vent, is there a distance I need to space these? Is a 1.5” vent...
  5. HereInOhio

Sump Pump - Air Tight Lid

The house isn't new so there's clay tiles around the base of the house and it seems to have lots of "air" under the house. To clarify I do have a radon fan but it is not piped to the sump pump, it is in the middle of the basement to pull air from all directions. I thought about drilling another...
  6. HereInOhio

Shower Drain 2"?

Ok thanks. I already ordered the other one. I read the Reeds are better but didn’t want to shell out the extra coin for using it once or twice.
  7. HereInOhio

Shower Drain 2"?

Im not getting inspected but like to have it so it would pass either way. I waste way too much time doing so but I guess it’s a good thing. Maybe.
  8. HereInOhio

Shower Drain 2"?

Good point. Maybe I’ll be able to swap out the washer to the correct ID for the bushing. Thanks
  9. HereInOhio

Shower Drain 2"?

I have the bushing glued in: In the past I cut though it and used needle nose pliers to peel it out. If it was stubborn I used heat. Since I'm working though a 1'x9" hole in the cement it's a bit more crowded. I was wondering if you had any tips. I saw these bits before I may give a try...
  10. HereInOhio

Shower Drain 2"?

The wye is only carrying bathroom fixtures and wet venting the shower via a dry vented lav as you mentioned. The limited space is the main reason I'm trying to avoid removing the 1.5" reducer. In the past I used a multi tool to make small slices just barely through the piece I'm removing and...
  11. HereInOhio

Shower Drain 2"?

I roughed in a bathroom in my basement for a tub (1 1/2" PVC) but afterwards decided to install a shower instead. I see a 2" drain is suggested on here for showers. I'm assuming it's because if a shower clogs it overflows a lot faster than a tub. The trap is connecting directly to the 3" drain...
  12. HereInOhio

Good thing for me to remember if I get into another one in the future. In this case the incoming gas line (1 1/4") had a 1/2" branch for the water heater. I increased it to 3/4" and ran it to the tankless. The 1 1/4" continues on and tees off again to the furnace so I should be fine.
  13. HereInOhio

Yes, thank you. I vented it directly outside via PVC which was only a total of 3' distance so I should be good there. That factored in my decision of going with the tankless as well because although I had my chimney lined removing the furnace I think I would've had to drop a smaller liner down...
  14. HereInOhio

Ok thanks. I didn't know how big of a deal it was that it wasn't in the same room but figured if it was labeled the functionality would be there. When you think about it, it makes more sense that you would find a leak in the sink of a room you are always in opposed to finding a leak a leak in a...
  15. HereInOhio

I'm in IPC if it matters.
  16. HereInOhio

I installed a tankless water heater. I know not recommended. Trying to figure out the best location to have the discharge for the relief valve with my given situation. There are no floor drains in this basement. My preferred option is running it behind an 8’ wall and discharging into a utility...
  17. HereInOhio

Bathroom Venting Questions

I’m working on this now and ran into a quick question. I know normally if you are transitioning from a horizontal drain to vertical you need to use a san tee and not a wye because the weir could potentially be blocked. In the case of the lav to the left in my picture I have a 2” dry vent coming...
  18. HereInOhio

It’s a friends house I’m trying to help out. I did say something about 15” being the minimum and he should give even a few more inches but it seemed like he wanted to leave it. I’ll mention the pros suggestions and see what he thinks. The stack is the circle at the end of the green. The...
  19. HereInOhio

Correct, the WC on the right will be 12" off the finished wall. The one to the left will be approx. 15" off the finished wall. I apologize, I'm not exactly sure I understand since there is no way I see to get the vent downstream of the WC on the left. I could tie in the WC on the right upstream...
  20. HereInOhio

I moved it, I think this is what you explained? If I do it this way would a double wye be okay for the WC (as pictured) or would you recommend having two single wye's join at different places? Good Idea, I originally was thinking that but was picturing a tee with the water coming from both...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks