Search results

1. Jeff H Young

Clearwater FL woman says condo clothes washer must drain into 3"

it might be legal . if you live in a condo its a big can of worms whats your responcibility and whats under the HOA if your plumbing floods neighbor I dont know what happens especialy if its installed per code, permited and inspected but guy below you stuffing potatos and god...
  2. Jeff H Young

Michael might be right your code might not require suds relief on multi unit buildings the building department will answer that. or someone that knows multi family housing 3 story
  3. Jeff H Young

Clearwater, FL woman wants a clothes dryer in 3rd (top floor) condo. (Top of the World)

it seems to me that a permit to add a clothes dryer would require a vent ? You either need to do this bootleg on the down low or concider that this might be unfeasable. the washer sounds like a no go to me as well
  4. Jeff H Young

Replacing a section in ABS horizontal drain below slab

being in florida where I thought abs is non existant nearly If I already had the fittings Id go with pvc but Im from Ca and Ive never plumbed a house in pvc only some underground ABS is fine though and rather than no hub there are propper bands but on 2 inch if I had a nickle for...
  5. Jeff H Young

Leak at T & P: pressure tank or T & P, how to diagnose?

You have turn off water and bleed off water pressure to zero and pump air in to match your incoming water pressure EX PRV set at 60 then x tank gets 60 psi of air. with a bad prv you would need to determine how high the water pressure goes as the bad regulator allows...
  6. Jeff H Young

Plumber missed toilet drain by 2.5" short - what should I do?

ok I understand I totally get it sounds like the gc owns this problem but yea I get a soft spot sometimes on mistakes people have made working for me too. ok well Jim My best advice is for the gc and plumber to closely review the measurements they should be able to...
  7. Jeff H Young

We have tons of post tension as well , one more variable . I cant make heads or tails off his measurements if he has a bath tub 30 incher its perfect for the toilet 4ft 3 with a half inch to spare. but no idea what shower he has.
  8. Jeff H Young

I dont get the dificulty havent we all busted out concrete and installed pipes ? and most of us have busted it back out again for changes its a very common occurance people screw up or change thier mind and make changes, no big deal show me the money is all? like someone runs into your...
  9. Jeff H Young

Yes Suds relief is certainly a major factor in UPC size of stack to the existing suds producers may play a part in the construction of adding a wash machine , since the codes effecting suds relief include tubs, kitchen sinks with D/w (posibly without as well) Its got some...
  10. Jeff H Young

Its easy a couple thousand dollars he will be happy to do it ? I dont get it Construction is a hard dirty buisness but its our job as long as we get paid we got nothing to complain about .
  11. Jeff H Young

Understanding venting for a bathroom.

And do not roll that 3x3x2 wye ( or Combi) up beyond normal grade 1/4per ft plus a little Id say the fitting itself could have 1/2 " per ft but the way I uderstand it running everything just about dead on 1/4 " per ft is best. it isnt a perfect world but its pretty specific...
  12. Jeff H Young

I guess it make no differance but if this is the building documents you provided the contractor its very easy to build. Of cource you mentioned a pipe being in the way how can I comment on the ease of that from the scribble stuff? I dont get your question of difficulty some...
  13. Jeff H Young

So I would contact the condo association, the building department , and a contractor . happy to help more but we dont know the layout of how the place was built. others might know the legalities of this type work
  14. Jeff H Young

Its a condo not a house you cant just bootleg everything. its not just run some long garden hoses through the cabinets and call it good
  15. Jeff H Young

3 story condo I would think requires the association to aproove proceding with this job the drain piping might be shared with lower units . 6000 dollar price dosent mean much its all dependant on what work needs to be done . of cource it requires a building permit
  16. Jeff H Young

TPV drain line

608.5 relief valve shal discharge independantly, relief valve must not discharge into drainage pan. Im Asuming this is in Austin tx and under upc plumbing code. look that code number up for more details
  17. Jeff H Young

I was assuming those are the plans. We can blame whoever but there are 2 sides. its always good to check measurements befor the mud comes. What was plumbers reason for being 2.5 inches off?
  18. Jeff H Young

its easy if you do construction and have a jack hammer. I dont do that stuff much and shy away from those jobs (have to rent a jack hammer) An absolute bare minimum would be 500 bucks for me . on other hand its a major PIA to do it for free Might be 2 sides to the story but...
  19. Jeff H Young

New 2 gallon expansion tank factory set to 40psi and circulation pump

Homeowner hasaent actualy dtermined his pressure
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks