Search results

1. Tony5289

Bathtub Rough-In: tub drain, p-trap, secondary drain line

Would the following proposed re-design (light blue line in picture) correct the issues in the original set-up (listed after picture)? Kindly provide your advice and suggestions only if there are mistakes in the re-design. Thanks. The 1.5” tub drain tailpiece pipe (remains at original vertical...
  2. Tony5289

Thanks Reach4. Unfortunately, the contractor believes there is nothing wrong with this set-up. He says this method works and has been used for a long time.
  3. Tony5289

Hi hj. Thanks for your prompt and helpful comments. You confirmed that it is an s-trap and must be eliminated. (I did not know that just a 5” vertical drop from trap arm would make it an s-trap) Understood on the 1 1/2 ‘horizontal’ drain pipe. (In any case, I should have called this the ‘main...
  4. Tony5289

I appreciate your advice on this freestanding bathtub rough-in done by my renovation contractor. Is this set-up correct? If not: what is wrong with it? If we used this set-up: what might be bad impact/consequences? Most important: What should be the correct and best/practical set-up? Please...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks