Search results

1. DerStig

Need help replacing a sweat coupling with compression ball valve

Because my thinking is cutting right at the coupling enables me to simply substitute the coupling with the compression valve without needing to add any other pipe anywhere. Also I have never soldered a pipe in my life. I have watched probably 30 videos by now and learned about all the DOs and...
  2. DerStig

Its a 75 year old house and looking at the main valve, I dont think I would want to disconnect anything there:) We get 110 psi pressure here (I know from my secondary sprinkler line which has a built in pressure gauge). Could I do the following: 1- Cut around the pipe right at the seams where...
  3. DerStig

And to add my previous post, how do you heat a pipe to melt the existing solder while there is water/moisture inside? An important fact to consider: Based on the 4 previous valves I installed, even after having opened the lower faucet in the house to drain the water out of the system, upon...
  4. DerStig

The reason why you think there is enough room is because this picture was taken with the ultra wide angle iphone lens. Its a very small place. In addition, the location of this pipe makes it impossible to be dry. There is no downstream valve of this where I could shut off the water here and not...
  5. DerStig

Hello, I am in the process of adding compression ball valves on all relevant lines of my piping. I am done with the exception of one location (2x lines for laundry) where the only way to fit the valve is to replace the existing sweat coupling. The required distance for ball valve is 1.5” (pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks