Search results

1. JoeRI

Outdoor shower winterization

Hello, I moved into a house equipped with an outdoor shower that I need to properly winterize (I didn’t do it properly last year and burst a pipe as a result). I need to know the best way to do it. Here is the setup: summons Temptrol valve (cartridge type). PEX pipe inside of wall cavity to...
  2. JoeRI

Water Hammer at Pump Start

I’ll have them back out to look at this. What an annoying problem to have
  3. JoeRI

Thank you. I will look into this more. Say the check valve down in the well was bad, will the whole pump have to be taken up to repair it? If so it might be best to just replace the pump. It gives me no problems but it is 15 years old
  4. JoeRI

thanks for the reply, here is a picture of the topside check valve that was just replaced (this replacement didn’t not resolve the hammer).
  5. JoeRI

I am trying to pinpoint a water hammer that I am getting on my system. I hear the hammer on pump start up somewhere in the vicinity of the pressure tank or close by. It does not happen every time. Also some hammers are mild while others are pretty substantial. My pressure switch is set to...
  6. JoeRI

Water hammer in irrigation system

thank you for the reply. To check the precharge, do you mean the little tire valve on the top of the well tank? If so, should I check it with a tire gauge? If I need to let air out do I do it like I would a tire? Also, do I need to drain all the water from the tank to check this? thanks again
  7. JoeRI

Water hammer in irrigation system

Hi all, Not sure if this should be posted here or in the pump forum. Anyway, I am trying to figure out a water hammer issue I am having with my irrigation system (this is the only water hammer issue I have in my house). I am on a well. The well pump is set to 40/60. Occasionally (not all the...
  8. JoeRI

TOTO Water Hammer

Ok. I will start with the shut off. If that doesnt work, has anybody had luck with the mini arrestor on the supply line?
  9. JoeRI

TOTO Water Hammer

I have a quarter turn ball stop i believe. Its by brasscraft. Does that make any difference?
  10. JoeRI

TOTO Water Hammer

Hello, I recently purchased and installed a new Toto Promenade II after a bathroom update. The previous toilet was 15 y/o Mansfield. I love the Toto. However, I notice that the fill valve closes much faster than the previous toilet. Because of this, I am getting a slight water hammer (I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks